1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
237 Posts
It would make sense, everyone in the industry is converging to world models to cut costs...
Ostensibly, but what about logistics, content and style? We're talking about complete retooling of the manufacturing facilities, content may not be a large issue, but styling certainly is. Euro Civic hatch only style will not fly this side of the puddle...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ostensibly, but what about logistics, content and style? We're talking about complete retooling of the manufacturing facilities, content may not be a large issue, but styling certainly is. Euro Civic hatch only style will not fly this side of the puddle...
So let's propose Honda sells the 10th gen hatch only in Europe. Both Europe and NA get the same 10th gen sedan. That's not difficult to manage, no?

·
Registered
237 Posts
So let's propose Honda sells the 10th gen hatch only in Europe. Both Europe and NA get the same 10th gen sedan. That's not difficult to manage, no?
we're still talking about retooling manufacturing facilities, and reconciling the differences in american and european preferences. I'm not saying its not possible, I'm saying it can be precarious...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I mean it does make sense from a business stand point to make one model for the whole world. WHy spend all that extra money if you don't have to. I'm sure that one region or another will probably be unhappy with something. You can't please them all...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I mean it does make sense from a business stand point to make one model for the whole world. WHy spend all that extra money if you don't have to. I'm sure that one region or another will probably be unhappy with something. You can't please them all...
well just because they all come from the same factory does not mean they all need to be contented the same way. There is enough flexibility to allow them to satisfy several markets from one facility. Toyota does this religiously for example..

·
Registered
876 Posts
well just because they all come from the same factory does not mean they all need to be contented the same way. There is enough flexibility to allow them to satisfy several markets from one facility. Toyota does this religiously for example..
Yup, they've been doing that ever since they expanded out of Japan. It's just too bad for us that they keep all the good stuff in the JDM models

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, they've been doing that ever since they expanded out of Japan. It's just too bad for us that they keep all the good stuff in the JDM models
The Euro-version Civic will sell like gangbusters in the States ... albeit, not the lowered, show version, but with normal ground clearance.

Here in Maine, I can easily envision a XV Crosstrek version ... HR-V/Vezel be-damned ... IMHO the the modern world's worst styling exercise.

Agree, "all the good stuff in the JDM models," except for the Euro-Civic :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Euro-version Civic will sell like gangbusters in the States ... albeit, not the lowered, show version, but with normal ground clearance.

Here in Maine, I can easily envision a XV Crosstrek version ... HR-V/Vezel be-damned ... IMHO the the modern world's worst styling exercise.

Will be interesting to watch, body and bones may be similar yes but will the content remain homogeneous? Me thinks not so much...

http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum/9-10th-gen-civic-general-discussion-forum/945-alliston-ontario-lead-civic-production.html

·
Registered
876 Posts

I also see that happening, it's much better than what the current USDM Civic is like, as easy as it would be to just give us the Euro-spec Civic with just what's needed to sell on the american market, I hope they take it a step further and come up with a sedan that's just as nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You, me and 20k + more people who signed the petition do as well...
We're all praying for Honda to come out with an official press release... I keep asking my sources at Honda, but they legally can't say anything. One simply has told me be patient and wait to trade in my 9th Gen Civic Coupe (FG3). So I guess that's a good sign...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts