10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The guys over at Carscoops gave us a render of the Civic Type R mule in production form!

Carscoops simply stripped the camo and finished it in Crystal Black Pearl. This is the second CTR render we've seen this week and third in total since the 10th Gen Civic debuted last month.

Tell us which you like best...

2016 Civic Type R Crystal Black Pearl

2016 Civic Type R Championship White

2016 Civic Type R Milano Red

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ouuu, someone has got to do one in Sporty Blue Metallic from the current CTR... and a Pheonix Yellow for nostalgias sake ;)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yea, those wheels looks like the ones on the Acura NSX but it could also be a generic set of y spoke wheels.

Not sure how accurate the examiner is but they estimate the Civic Type-R to be between $30,000 and $40,000 in their recent article.
Anyone interested at that price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea, those wheels looks like the ones on the Acura NSX but it could also be a generic set of y spoke wheels.

Not sure how accurate the examiner is but they estimate the Civic Type-R to be between $30,000 and $40,000 in their recent article.
Anyone interested at that price?
I would be interested, my max price point OTD is $35k though. According to everything I've read and based on the price points of the competition I'm thinking that this article nailed it, somewhere between $30-40k. I think it'll be more on the low-mid end of that $31-35k.

It'll ultimately come down to what Honda decides to do with the Si. If it's a WRX/STi or Focus ST/RS type situation then I will probably go with the Si to save some money. I'm really crossing my fingers that Honda releases a hatchback Si (preferably without a sunroof)...though that might be asking for a little too much and based on what I've seen it's not likely.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Probably $35k OTD for me too but the dealerships better not increase the price like they're doing for the focus RS. I don't want to pay more than MSRP for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's that hint of red in the rims that makes the whole red theme blend together. Looks great!
Indeed. And with a set of Wheel Bands you can create the color theme of your choice on any wheel design with at least a 1/4" (6mm) wide flat lip on the front face of the rim to attach to.

Once tape on mounting track is applied to wheel, color inserts can be swapped out in seconds. Here is blue option to match interior seating accents...

photo courtesy of one of our satisfied customers

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Is that the BMW i8? o_O

Side note: the 2016 Honda Civic Type R hot hatch is £29,995. Going to wait until it's in NA and give it a test drive when possible because the price isn't bad if you convert it to USD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts