10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is there any possibility that there will be a Type R sedan, or is it for sure only going to be a hatch?

The thing that sticks out most to me is the wheels. Those look really nice.

I also am a fan of the wide body kit on it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
No word on if the Type R features will ever spread to anything other than the hatchback... for now... but the Si also only used to be a coupe/hatch... so i suppose if honda feels that the $30k type R sells well enough and their is enough demand they could create a coupe or sedan model... but i wouldn't put money on that happening for the foreseeable future. There's alot going on with the CTR and hatch that honda is testing and needs to overcome before they'll put the money in to expand production of such an niche vehicle.

1. The hatchback needs to sell well enough that eventually they consider bringing production over to the US/Canada instead of importing from the UK

2. They need to sell enough/ get enough interest in the CTR in general to even consider expanding the lineup it would be offered in.

Those are the two biggest hurdles.. and even then it might not be worth adding the extra production cost for what will amount to maybe a thousand or so extra sales of the Type R... also, a sedan variant would risk being more popular than the hatch variant and cannibalizing sales and then poof, there goes the hatchback from US shores again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts