10th Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks for sharing the info. Quick question - would these intakes work with the civic EX as well? Thoughts between a cold air and short ram intake?
Cold air is always the best choice.

Reactions: hfpdohc

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Cold air is always the best choice.
Only downside is running these in winter, apparently that can run you into air issues. Had a friend experience that. Went back to the stock intake and problem was solved. Unless it was something else.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
ive always drove with intakes during winter in the last 6 years no issues......canadian winter....so no worries with that

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the Af Dynamic intake and so far so good! i like the turbo spool and blow off sound of it with the same mpg as stock!
Hey, just wondering what made you decide to get the AF dynamic intake over an intake from Injen?

I'm highly considering the SRI from Injen atm based on the gains in hp/torque. Not to mention the brand name as well!

I also see you're from Canada and you linked me the AF dynamic intake from Amazon.com. How much was shipping?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Hey, just wondering what made you decide to get the AF dynamic intake over an intake from Injen?

I'm highly considering the SRI from Injen atm based on the gains in hp/torque. Not to mention the brand name as well!

I also see you're from Canada and you linked me the AF dynamic intake from Amazon.com. How much was shipping?

Thanks in advance!
fisrt thing it was the price tag....170$ us vs 250$ us for injen...and the gains that they are assuming is in reality not even close.....if you get any hp at all with intake its good...i mean 2hp max?!?!?....the only thing is the intake is for the sound...you can hear the turbo spool and blow off sound and thats it....it feels to pull harder....but maybe its placebo effect....so for the price tag its good enough for the sound i wanted(they all sound the same by the way)
and shipping its free to us...in canada 30$ more and thats it...so you save like almost a 100$ going with Af Dynamic.....
so far so good im loving it ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
fisrt thing it was the price tag....170$ us vs 250$ us for injen...and the gains that they are assuming is in reality not even close.....if you get any hp at all with intake its good...i mean 2hp max?!?!?....the only thing is the intake is for the sound...you can hear the turbo spool and blow off sound and thats it....it feels to pull harder....but maybe its placebo effect....so for the price tag its good enough for the sound i wanted(they all sound the same by the way)
and shipping its free to us...in canada 30$ more and thats it...so you save like almost a 100$ going with Af Dynamic.....
so far so good im loving it ;)
Ahh that makes sense. thanks for the detailed response! :)

I'm on the amazon.com site and it says it does not fit my car lol and when I try to checkout and pay, it says it can't be shipped to me! the struggle is real

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
not in the moment
the MAF sensor is not the same size....and im not sure when the intakes are going to get out soon enough

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any option like the LHTPerformance S2K intake?

Basically, cut any baffles out of stock air intake setup.

I just picked one up over the weekend, and haven't had time to inspect it yet.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts