10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2016 Civic Sedans have started showing up a day or two early (or a week late depending who you ask)

Very soon we'll have Civics all over the boards, get out to your local dealer, trucks have been coming and going all day!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have notified salesmen from THREE local dealers (a week ago) that I want one. I haven't received a call from anybody. Boo hoo!!!! Wah!!
I'm from the Inland Empire, east of Los Angeles.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have notified salesmen from THREE local dealers (a week ago) that I want one. I haven't received a call from anybody. Boo hoo!!!! Wah!!
I'm from the Inland Empire, east of Los Angeles.
just start showing up (if you can) bodies on the floor take precedence over bodies on the phone...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been calling dealers in my area for a week now and was told sometime this week. Tonight on my way home from work I drove through the lot of a nearby dealership. I peeked in the building where they prep the vehicles and spotted a black EX 2.0. I went to the sales department to ask if more than one had arrived and the salesperson did not know there was one there. He was nice enough to take me back to the building to look at it as he was eager to see it as well. It had been delivered off of the truck only a few hours prior. First impressions were cool! The LED driving lights in front and taillights in back are sweet. The vanity mirrors have lights which I have not seen in a Civic. The sun visors also extend when you have them shielding the side windows which I was hoping for. Looking forward to driving the turbo when they arrive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really don't care for those alloy wheels )-:
Seeing the tail lights of 2015 and 2016 side by side, the 2015 tail lights are cleaner looking
in my op.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I really don't care for those alloy wheels )-:
Seeing the tail lights of 2015 and 2016 side by side, the 2015 tail lights are cleaner looking
in my op.
LED tail lights usually look best in the dark when they're on. Because of the more complex lighting tubes and such they're going to have a busier look in the daytime.

Everyone hates the wheels (except the touring wheels for some people). I don't like the EX wheels. The EXT and Touring wheels are alright IMO. I actually prefer the optional accessory wheels in terms of design, less busy. At least wheels are an easy fix. :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
If the Civics are arriving now, does that mean people can take them home or are they keeping them on the lot until the date that they had stated before?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If the Civics are arriving now, does that mean people can take them home or are they keeping them on the lot until the date that they had stated before?
At least 2 people i know of have already taken theirs home... others have theirs reserved but the dealership is making them wait until tomorrow. Guess it depends on the dealer and how strictly they're following honda's official on sale date rule.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I prep new Hondas. I have driven the two we have so far received. Both were 2.0. No turbo yet. Adequate power, fantastic fuel mileage. I assume turbo will be here today or soon thereafter. I like the car.
What I don't understand is what genius came up with this rollout.
So it's been a couple of DECADES of people biting at the bit waiting for Honda to come out with a turbo Civic. So here we are at the great unveiling and what do they present to the US market,.....a 30 hp loss over last year's model!!!!! REALLY!!!!....I'm sure if I had a degree in marketing from Harvard, Princeton, or Yale, and a fat 6 or 7 figure salary from Honda USA it would make perfect sense, but it seems pretty boneheaded from here at the bottom of the Honda Heap.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I prep new Hondas. I have driven the two we have so far received. Both were 2.0. No turbo yet. Adequate power, fantastic fuel mileage. I assume turbo will be here today or soon thereafter. I like the car.
What I don't understand is what genius came up with this rollout.
So it's been a couple of DECADES of people biting at the bit waiting for Honda to come out with a turbo Civic. So here we are at the great unveiling and what do they present to the US market,.....a 30 hp loss over last year's model!!!!! REALLY!!!!....I'm sure if I had a degree in marketing from Harvard, Princeton, or Yale, and a fat 6 or 7 figure salary from Honda USA it would make perfect sense, but it seems pretty boneheaded from here at the bottom of the Honda Heap.
30 horsepower loss??? Both new engines are more powerful than the outgoing 1.8 liter engine.

If you're referring to the Si, they haven't unveiled that yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, perhaps I'm not in the know. I haven't seen anything at work about an SI.
The Si will prob be unveiled within the next couple months.

The only engines that have been released so far are the non-si models.

2015 Civic R18 - 143hp/129trq

vs

2016 Civic 2.0 - 158hp/138trq
2016 Civic 1.5t - 174hp/162trq

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
OK, perhaps I'm not in the know. I haven't seen anything at work about an SI.
Nobody has seen anything about the Si yet. All we know is about the base models with the 2.0L and 1.5T engines which have 15 and 31 more horsepower (respectively) over the old engine.

We expect the Si to come with a new 2.0T engine that makes more than the current Si 2.4 engine. But we won't know that for a while yet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
But are we not talking about a 2017 model year car? If that is the case there is a 31 hp. drop from 2015 to 2016.
No... there isn't.

The 2015 has 143 horsepower from it's 1.8

The 2016 has either 158 from the 2.0L or 174 from the 1.5T

·
Registered
8 Posts
I surrender. I'm really old and didn't get to take "new math" in school. I'm just a silly old Honda Tech that thinks in terms of the old math where 205 is more than 174.
(I would love to see a 2016 Civic SI but I don't think it exists.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as inventory we have two. No turbo yet. Production didn't start till 15th of last month, so they will probably just trickle in for a while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts