10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
At first I read the sentence as "they don't look good". I was taken aback. LOL

Do they just blink, or is there a more interesting way in which they indicate? Like streaming across or something like that? Maybe I am having too grandiose expectations here.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
At first I read the sentence as "they don't look good". I was taken aback. LOL

Do they just blink, or is there a more interesting way in which they indicate? Like streaming across or something like that? Maybe I am having too grandiose expectations here.
If you look back at the videos that leaked when the civic was testing covered still you can see that they just blink... it wouldve been cooler if they did streaming across, but can't win them all.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's a classy look and at night some people might mistaken it for some luxury european sedan, only to be surprised that it's a Honda Civic of all things!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Would be really cool if the signals streamed across or if it's integrated into the side mirrors but it's fine as is and it does it's job.
Are those little yellow things in near the front fenders additional signal lights?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Would be really cool if the signals streamed across or if it's integrated into the side mirrors but it's fine as is and it does it's job.
Are those little yellow things in near the front fenders additional signal lights?
I think the fender lights are turn signals. I believe in one of the videos that showed a group of the sedans testing covered i remember seeing as they were turning the fender lights blinking as they turned.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The lights, including the turn indicators, are really nice. The lights, front and back, really bring the Civic into the contemporary context. It's nice to see some more of the lighting technology that was once reserved for luxury vehicles making its way into the more mainstream models.

·
Registered
959 Posts
At least the partnering DRL doesn't turn off when the signals are on, like they do in some cars. Good choice.

Here's a video of the turn signals in action, starting at about 35 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3zojQ5Mlk
AGREED!!!! Nothing looks cheaper then an Audi signalling from the front. I'm sorry but they brag about how advanced their LED tech is yet they cant even get the DRLS to stay on when signalling...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
AGREED!!!! Nothing looks cheaper then an Audi signalling from the front. I'm sorry but they brag about how advanced their LED tech is yet they cant even get the DRLS to stay on when signalling...
I think the reason the DRLs turn off on Audis and other automakers is to make it easier to see the turn signal blinking. It draws more attention to the blinking light when there isn't another light on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree. I think Honda has placed the turn signal and DRL far enough apart that they won't encounter this issue. On Audi, the turn signal and LED are in close proximity, on many of their platforms.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Didn't notice until I watched the walk around video but the lower LED strip in the headlights pulses upwards. Is that set as default? It seems to be a solid line of light in OP's video here.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Didn't notice until I watched the walk around video but the lower LED strip in the headlights pulses upwards. Is that set as default? It seems to be a solid line of light in OP's video here.
The reason it looks like it's pulsing is because depending on camera type LED lights don't render on film very well. They actually pulse, but too quickly for the human eye to see. However cameras that aren't top end catch that pulsing because of the refresh rate of the camera's pixels.

They'll appear solid to us, but on camera they'll blink or pulse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts