10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I have an 2017 Civic Si Sedan as my first stick shift car with about 1000 miles on it.

In the past few days, sometimes when I shift, mostly from 2nd to 3rd (sometimes 1st to 2nd or 4th to 5th) at ~2500-3000 rpm, it will have some "click" sound right after/when I change the gear, followed by another "click" sound a second after the gear is changed.
That sound is not loud, but noticeable when A/C and radio are turned off, it usually comes up when the car has been warmed up for about 20 mins.
If I shift more slowly, then that sound will not be as obvious as when I shift quickly, but it's still there.

Uploaded a short video to YouTube for reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=9oJNvDfmRo0
(Pay attention to 0:09, 0:10 and 0:15, may need higher volume to hear the sound)

I'm not sure if the sound is normal, or something wrong with the gearbox/somewhere else or if it sounds like that I was not shifting well?
Any helps or comments will be really appreciated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hmmm that sounds a bit odd. I just hit 44xx on my 17 si sedan and never heard anything like that. I would bring it to dealer and let them drive/listen to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I have an 2017 Civic Si Sedan as my first stick shift car with about 1000 miles on it.

In the past few days, sometimes when I shift, mostly from 2nd to 3rd (sometimes 1st to 2nd or 4th to 5th) at ~2500-3000 rpm, it will have some "click" sound right after/when I change the gear, followed by another "click" sound a second after the gear is changed.
That sound is not loud, but noticeable when A/C and radio are turned off, it usually comes up when the car has been warmed up for about 20 mins.
If I shift more slowly, then that sound will not be as obvious as when I shift quickly, but it's still there.

Uploaded a short video to YouTube for reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=9oJNvDfmRo0
(Pay attention to 0:09, 0:10 and 0:15, may need higher volume to hear the sound)

I'm not sure if the sound is normal, or something wrong with the gearbox/somewhere else or if it sounds like that I was not shifting well?
Any helps or comments will be really appreciated.
I think you?re fine. My car just hit 900 miles on the odometer and has done this since I pulled it off of the lot. Just feels extremely notchy, and even the dealer said it was fine. I think you have nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts