10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2020 si with 25k miles had it for about 3 weeks and my clutched burned out. I’ve been babying this car for 3 weeks and today I lost all gears and had a very very bad burning smell I believe the clutch is gone but I’m not sure can anyone help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Kozy13 and anyone else that could help, I bought a 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch brand new last October. Just last week my clutch burnt completely out on the freeway without any warning signs. I too have babied my civic. I only have 28k miles on it and so I had it towed into the dealer where they sent out a warranty claim for it. Honda said even though I still have the original 36k miles or 3 year warranty, they will not warranty it since it is “normal wear and tear”. I called a couple other people at the dealership and honda customer service to explain that it’s not “normal wear and tear” if a clutch goes out in less than 30k miles but they refuse to do anything for me. Instead I have to cough up almost $4k to get the clutch replaced at the dealership. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do. Than you!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kozy13 and anyone else that could help, I bought a 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch brand new last October. Just last week my clutch burnt completely out on the freeway without any warning signs. I too have babied my civic. I only have 28k miles on it and so I had it towed into the dealer where they sent out a warranty claim for it. Honda said even though I still have the original 36k miles or 3 year warranty, they will not warranty it since it is “normal wear and tear”. I called a couple other people at the dealership and honda customer service to explain that it’s not “normal wear and tear” if a clutch goes out in less than 30k miles but they refuse to do anything for me. Instead I have to cough up almost $4k to get the clutch replaced at the dealership. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do. Than you!
There is a bulletin for it you can get it done for free it’s a “faulty” clutch they just got to test it and they will do it let me see if I can find the bulletin number.

· Registered
3 Posts
I’m sorry, so to answer your question, I had the exact same burning smell, and no gears would shift. So yes, your clutch is burnt out and you will have to get the flywheel replaced also. My local dealership in Utah quoted me $3500 plus tax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts