10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Collision Mitigation Braking System turned on because I think it is a great feature. But, sometimes it seems to overreact. When a car in front of me is making a right turn off of the road I get fairly close to the car and even go a bit to the left of them to go around them while they clear the road, not tailgating or "pushing" just going with the flow and passing them while they make the turn. BUT several times my CMBS Freaks Out: BRAKE! Even applying the brakes for me, nearly causing me to be rear-ended by the folks behind me that see me performing this normal maneuver only to seemingly slam on my breaks at the last second, making me look like a real jerk trying to get hit for the insurance money.

I went to the menu and noticed the distance settings are: Long, Normal, Short. It was on Normal and I changed it to short. Hopefully this gives me a little more leeway for heavy traffic situations. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Does anyone know if Short is the setting that lets me get closer to a car before the CMBS engages?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The distance settings will only affect at what distance the alert sounds, but yes that should give you some more breathing room. It's kind of ironic that this safety system can actually cause an accident as its quite jarring and immediate. I usually opt to disable features like this whenever possible. I'm more than capable of avoiding an accident myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trust me, youre not alone! Pilot 2019 same thing!

I have my Collision Mitigation Braking System turned on because I think it is a great feature. But, sometimes it seems to overreact. When a car in front of me is making a right turn off of the road I get fairly close to the car and even go a bit to the left of them to go around them while they clear the road, not tailgating or "pushing" just going with the flow and passing them while they make the turn. BUT several times my CMBS Freaks Out: BRAKE! Even applying the brakes for me, nearly causing me to be rear-ended by the folks behind me that see me performing this normal maneuver only to seemingly slam on my breaks at the last second, making me look like a real jerk trying to get hit for the insurance money.

I went to the menu and noticed the distance settings are: Long, Normal, Short. It was on Normal and I changed it to short. Hopefully this gives me a little more leeway for heavy traffic situations. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Does anyone know if Short is the setting that lets me get closer to a car before the CMBS engages?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts