10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just picked up a 2017 black Si sedan. My previous ride was 2014 Nissan Maxima sv with a bunch of features and decent power. I did throughly enjoy this car except for the CVT transmission which took the fun out of driving. Before the max I had an 8th gen si coupe which I loved just needed more room. Well im back and couldn't be happier I know people will say its a down grade but honestly for the reliability, MPGs and all out blast to drive I believe I made the right choice. I look forward to everything this forum has to bring!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Any plans for modifying it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Only thing I have done thus far is 5% tints. Eventually I would love to get hondata when I had it on my 8th gen it was a totally different car and from from im seeing with the 10th gen it can make some serious gains without any bolt ons. I wouldn't be opposed to and intake and exhaust as well down the line im hoping they come out with some good sounding ones that also aid in performance. I remember the full race I had sounding amazing. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I'd suggest Ktuner because it has more adjustments than Hondata.I originally bought Hondata but switched when VitViper suggested Ktuner.I have 2 10th generation Civics a 2016 EXT I bought last October.That 2016 Civic has a custom calibration and Mishimoto intake.My Sport Hatchback Ive had less than 2 weeks.It has the PRL intake tube and AFE high flow dry drop in filter.I know you are going to love your new SI.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd suggest Ktuner because it has more adjustments than Hondata.I originally bought Hondata but switched when VitViper suggested Ktuner.I have 2 10th generation Civics a 2016 EXT I bought last October.That 2016 Civic has a custom calibration and Mishimoto intake.My Sport Hatchback Ive had less than 2 weeks.It has the PRL intake tube and AFE high flow dry drop in filter.I know you are going to love your new SI.
I love my one and only 17 hatchy hatch, the cvt is wicked fast mate. no gears, no torque steer means no wheel hop nor delay and time it with turbo and you got wicked power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts