10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pricing

Pricing for the 2016 sedan isn’t far off from the outgoing 2015 model, starting at $18,640, about $200 more than the outgoing 2015 model.

Here's your quick and dirty guide comparing cost, trim level and fuel economy in one handy dandy matrix.

Realistically though unless you've spec'd an LX 2.0L with 6-speed manual your officially rated fuel economy will be 31 city, 42 highway, 35 combined. Note the 2.0L loses 1 mile per gallon on the highway to the turbo.

Release Dates

Thanks to HondaGeek, we now know exactly when all 2016 Civic Sedan trims will be built, helping to connect the dots into when they’ll finally show up in dealers.

Hey Guys and Gals,

So I was given the green light to share inventory information with you guys, similar to what I do at FitFreak.net. Below you will find information on Civics that are On-Order and In-Transit status.

On-Order: below you will all Civics, colors, trims and their scheduled build dates.

2.0 Engine (Sedan)

LX (Black/Black) 10/27-10/31
LX (Black/Black) 10/24-10/28
LX (Black/Black) 10/24-10/28

LX (Modern Steel/Gray) 10/28-11/01

LX (Modern Steel/Black) 10/26-10/30

LX (Rallye Red/Black) 10/20-10/24

LX (Burgundy Night Pearl/Ivory) 10/17-10/21

LX (Alabaster Silver/Black) 10/24-10/28

LX (Tafetta White/Ivory) 10/28-11/01

EX (Black/Black) 10/18-10/22
EX (Black/Black) 10/20-10/24

EX (Modern Steel/Gray) 10/21-10/25
EX (Modern Steel/Black) 10/21-10/25

EX (White Orchid Pearl/Ivory) 10/25-10/29
EX (White Orchid Pearl/Ivory) 10/21-10/25

EX with Honda Sensing (Modern Steel/Black) 10/25-1029
EX with Honda Sensing (Modern Steel/Black) 10/26-10/30
EX with Honda Sensing (White Orchid Pearl/Ivory) 10/28-11/01

1.5 Turbo Engine (Sedan)

EX (Black/Black) 10/26-10/30

EX (Modern Steel/Black) 10/26-10/30

EX-L Navi (Modern Steel/Black) 10/24-10/31

Touring (Cosmic Blue Metallic/Gray) 10/27-10/31

Touring (Black/Black) 10/13-10/17

In-Transit: once a vehicle has been manufactured it is assigned a VIN# in addition to an estimated time of arrival (ETA) to its final destination (dealer).

LX (Rallye Red/Black) ETA 10/28-11/01

Production Underway in Canada

It should come to no surprise to anyone familiar with Honda manufacturing plants that production has kicked off in Alliston, Ontario, being the lead plant for the global launch of the all-new Civic Sedan.

Production of the 2016 Civic Sedan has begun in Alliston, Ontario!

New Civic's are expected to begin showing up at dealerships across Canada and the US by the end of October/early November.

“Civic is a vehicle that Canadians have grown to trust. This tenth generation model will continue to set a new benchmark in the compact class with fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency and safety performance, together with a new level of refinement,” said Jerry Chenkin, president and CEO, Honda Canada Inc. “Canadians can also take pride in knowing that every Civic coupe, sedan and Si model sold in Canada is made right here in Ontario, for Canadians, by Canadians.”

And Canada has every right to be proud, Alliston is the lead plant globally. Meaning they are not only the first facility to spool up production, but also the facility that develops processes and technologies that will be adopted by the 11 other Civic manufacturing facilities.

“Our team also set a new benchmark, taking on the incredible challenge of being the lead plant for the global launch of this new Civic, and we’re committed to delivering world-class Civic quality for our customers here in Canada and around the world,” said Dan Smith, president of Honda of Canada Mfg.

Trims & Features

While we wait for a configurator to come online (in a couple weeks?) Honda recently released a breakdown of features each trim will be getting, all outlined below

Out of the five available sedan trims listed below, which one are you getting?:

LX

LX Feature Highlights
  • 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine (158 hp / 138 lb-ft)
  • Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
  • LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
  • Standard LED taillights
  • Available Honda Sensing™ Feature Suite
  • 5-inch central display screen
  • Automatic climate control
  • Electric parking brake
  • 160-watt audio system
  • Manual transmission (CVT for-cost option)

City/Hwy Rating: 31/41 mpg
Starts at $18,640 msrp

EX

EX Feature Highlights
*Includes or upgrades LX features
  • 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen
  • One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
  • Honda LaneWatch™
  • Smart Entry
  • Remote Engine Start
  • Push Button Start
  • Apple CarPlay®11 and Google Android Auto™
  • SMS Text Message Function
  • Honda LaneWatch technology
  • CVT automatic
  • 60/40 split folding rear seat
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Moonroof
  • 180 watt audio system

City/Hwy Rating: 31/41 mpg
Starts at $21,040 msrp

EX-T

EX-T Feature Highlights
*Includes or upgrades EX features
  • 1.5-Liter, Turbocharged and Intercooled DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine with Direct Injection
  • Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
  • Heated Front Seats
  • SiriusXM® Radio15 and HD Radio™
  • 17” alloy wheels
  • Foglights

City/Hwy Rating: 31/42 mpg
Starts at $22,200 msrp

EX-L

EX-L Feature Highlights
*Includes or upgrades EX-T features
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
  • Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror

Starts at $23,700 msrp

Touring

Touring Feature Highlights
*Includes or upgrades EX-L features
  • Standard Honda Sensing™ Feature Suite
  • LED Headlights
  • Heated Outboard Rear Seats
  • Front Passenger's Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment
  • 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
  • Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
  • Integrated turn signals in the exterior mirrors
  • Chrome door handles
  • Standard Garmin navigation

Starts at $26,500 msrp

Specifications

Along with a list of features for each trim, a full list of specifications is now available, outlining just about every single thing you need to know. See the full specifications list here.

Honda Genuine Accessories List

Joining the features and specifications lists, Honda also released a very limited accessories short list. No pricing or details, just what you see below. In the coming weeks we expect to see more from Honda, stay tuned.

Overview:
Honda developed a range of Honda Genuine Accessories simultaneously with the model to further enhance convenience and protection, to customize feature content and provide personalization opportunities for the 2016 Civic Sedan. Like all Genuine Honda Accessories, they are covered by the Civic's 3-year, 36,000-mile limited warranty when obtained and installed at the time of original vehicle purchase. Not all accessories listed are available for all trims.

Available Accessories:
  • All season floor mats
  • Illuminated console lighting
  • All season floor mats, high wall
  • Lower door garnish, chrome
  • Ambient lighting
  • Moon roof visor
  • Ashtray
  • Nose mask
  • Auto day/night mirror
  • Rear bumper protector
  • Body side molding
  • Rear decklid spoiler
  • Car cover
  • Rear seat cover
  • Cargo hook
  • Rear wing spoiler
  • Cargo net
  • Remote engine starter, LX
  • Door edge guard
  • Splash guards
  • Door sill trim, illuminated
  • Trunk tray
  • Door visors
  • Underbody spoilers, Fr, Rr, Side
  • Engine block heater
  • Wheel locks
  • First aid kit
  • Wireless charger
  • Fog lights
  • 17-inch alloy wheels

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dang, 12.39 gallon tank - down 0.8 gallon from last year. I was hoping to be able to easily go 500 miles between fillups like with my Accord. Oh well, I can understand them needing to to save weight.

I wish one of the reviewers would mention whether the backup guidelines curve with the steering wheel turning or not. I love that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I keep seeing trims starting out with LX here in Canada we have:

DX
LX
EX
TOURING

and in the US:
LX
SE
EX
EX-L

are they the same cars with different names? How can I know?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I keep seeing trims starting out with LX here in Canada we have:

DX
LX
EX
TOURING

and in the US:
LX
SE
EX
EX-L

are they the same cars with different names? How can I know?
From what i've seen of other Canadian members posting about features etc on the current gens, the trims are just laid out differently, certain features on lower trims for Canada that are only on higher trims here and vice versa. It's all based on market data and what people look for in a car here and there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dang, 12.39 gallon tank - down 0.8 gallon from last year. I was hoping to be able to easily go 500 miles between fillups like with my Accord. Oh well, I can understand them needing to to save weight.

I wish one of the reviewers would mention whether the backup guidelines curve with the steering wheel turning or not. I love that.
I don't think tat rules out 500 mile gaps just yet... depends on how you treat the go pedal...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think tat rules out 500 mile gaps just yet... depends on how you treat the go pedal...
Yeah, at the EX-T's 42 MPG highway rating, you could squeeze almost 520 miles on a tank. But my Accord's mixed driving rating is 29MPG and my average since I got the car has been 31. The EX-T's mixed rating is 35, so assuming my same driving, I'd average about 37 with one, meaning a max of 460 miles.

It's a silly thing, but it's been nice with the Accord knowing I don't have to even think about getting gas until my tripometer gets to 500 each time. Definitely not enough to outweigh all the advantages the new Civic has over the Accord, though.

Reactions: Nessuno

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Any news about sedan in Europe ?
Directly from Honda, specifically for the EU Civic, this is what I found:

All-New VTEC TURBO engines set for next generation 2017 Civic

Two further VTEC TURBO engines to be launched in Europe
First application of new engines scheduled for 10th generation 2017 Civic

Honda has announced that two all new downsized turbo petrol engines will be coming to Europe. 1-litre and 1.5-litre VTEC TURBO engines will form part of the powertrain line-up for the 10th generation Civic, set for launch in Europe from early 2017. The all-new engines will be part of Honda’s growing Earth Dreams Technology range and will deliver a combination of dynamic performance, class-leading output and excellent fuel economy. The first new VTEC TURBO engine, a 2-litre, was launched this year in the current Civic Type R, capable of 310ps and a 0-62 mph time of 5.7 seconds.

Based on a completely new engine structure and utilising its newly developed turbo systems, the new engines feature variable valve motion technology to reduce friction and achieve class-leading output and environmental performance. The new engines use a turbocharger with a low moment of inertia and high responsiveness, and direct injection technology to achieve good balance between high output and torque, above those of conventional naturally-aspirated engines.

The all new Civic is scheduled to arrive in Europe in early 2017 after being announced at Frankfurt Motor Show in September. Five door variants will be exclusively produced at Honda’s UK manufacturing plant (HUM) in Swindon. Honda has confirmed investment of €270m in new production technologies and processes to prepare for the new model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts