10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member here, although not a new Civic owner. My first car was a 2000 Civic EX that I got when I was in college. I'm now 40 with two kids, and considering getting the Si coupe as my daily commute, due to the many high-praised review of this car (was considering WRX, but being swayed to the Si).

We currently have a GX 460 that my wife mainly drives and a Toyota Highlander (my daily commuter). As the kids are getting a little older we don't need two big cars. And it would be nice to get something with better mileage for my long 80 miles daily commute.

I drove stick shift cars before (including a 2001 Audi S4 that I had taken on a track and a 2004 Corolla S), and have sorely missed the feeling of driving a manual. Even the Corolla was fairly fun with the 5 speed.

Two questions, what is a reasonably OTD pricing for the Si Coupe? Anything I need to watch out for (e.g., reliability, quirks, driving experience, etc.)?

Thanks in advance guys! I hope to join back the Civic community soon!

Daniel

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new member here, although not a new Civic owner. My first car was a 2000 Civic EX that I got when I was in college. I'm now 40 with two kids, and considering getting the Si coupe as my daily commute, due to the many high-praised review of this car (was considering WRX, but being swayed to the Si).

We currently have a GX 460 that my wife mainly drives and a Toyota Highlander (my daily commuter). As the kids are getting a little older we don't need two big cars. And it would be nice to get something with better mileage for my long 80 miles daily commute.

I drove stick shift cars before (including a 2001 Audi S4 that I had taken on a track and a 2004 Corolla S), and have sorely missed the feeling of driving a manual. Even the Corolla was fairly fun with the 5 speed.

Two questions, what is a reasonably OTD pricing for the Si Coupe? Anything I need to watch out for (e.g., reliability, quirks, driving experience, etc.)?

Thanks in advance guys! I hope to join back the Civic community soon!

Daniel

I hope I'm not too late with this but I would be sure to take that car for a long test drive. I leased a Honda Civic EXL in July 2019 and ended up turning it in after 6 weeks, only 1200 miles of excruciating back pain. The seats are very low and the headrest pushes your head way forward unnaturally. Also the side bolsters push your shoulders forward. No amount of seat cushions or adjustments to that seat could fix it. It took 3 months of physical therapy and several other doctors, massages to work it out of my back. I also lost alot of money!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2020 sedan and basically paid MSRP, I had to wait while dealer tracked down color I wanted for 2 weeks as in our area they are a bit scarce. I switched from a 2016 Focus ST and amazed at the difference, I have no problems with so seats give good support, would be nice to have a bit more adjustment options but very liveable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchasted a 2020 civic si new from atlantic honda bayshore. I took the car for a test drive and made the salesman aware that the clutch did not feel right it was delayed when i released pedal. He blamed it on the turbo. We purchased the car being assured it had a 5 year 60000 mile drivetrain warranty no worries. The car was now 8 weeks old with 2500 miles. While trying to get on the parkway the clutch slipped almost causing a collision then engaged on shoulder almost causing another collision. This occured on november 27th. On novemember 29th i took the car to atlantic honda and met with chris marino (service manager). Before the vehicle was even in mr marinos sight he immediatly accused me of misusing/abusing the vehicle and stated honda would most likely not honor the warranty. I asked him several times to take a test drive with me and he refused to. I told him to drive the car a certain way to see what was actually happening. At this time he didnt even know what color my car was but countinued to emphasize how this was abuse and misuse of the vehicle and it most likely would not be covered. They then took the car out and came back just to reiterate that it would not be covered and the failure was due to abuse/misuse and not knowing how to drive. While they were out i noticed another civic si on the lift with the transmission out of it i then asked what it was in for and they answered a blown clutch it had 3900 miles on it he stated that the car on the lift was also abused and would not be covered. I then asked chris if it were posssible that nobody knows how to drive or does honda have a problem with their drivetrain. He stated he sees it all the time has done at least 10 of them and none were covered they were all driver issues. I then said chris what is the comman denominator the car or drivers that diont know how to drive i got no response. I asked to meet with the honda rep. He said to come in on december 5th and the rep would be there all day. I met with the rep on dec 5th. Ruby bloduc along with opening a complaint with honda america. I explained the problem with both my car and chris and showed her the other car still apart on the lift. She said she would do whatever she could to resolve the issue however the next step would be to break down the car and ordered chris to bring the car in and start immediately. My car sat out in the parking lot until monday dec 9th. On dec 9th chris told me the clutch, flywhell, pressure plate and throwout bearing would need to be replaced and that he would reach out for ruby again for assistance and he would not get the parts until wednesday or thursday and woud get back to me. I left several voice mails, texts and finally an email telling him not to put car together until i could meet with ruby. He finally responded back on thursday saying that i released him to do repair on monday and the car was being assembled. I released him on monday to order the parts nothing else he did not respond to any of my attempts to reach him until it was too late. I spoke with the general manager rob kiernan i explained my situation to him he said it happens all the time they had a car with same issue before me and 3 more waiting. Is it possible that nobody knows how to drive and everybody is abusing there honda civic. Before they took my car apart i researched honda si clutch slipping on the internet and there are many owners having the same issue one didn’t make it 10 miles from the dealer and the clutch completely failed having to be towed back to the dealer. I also emailed rick alessi the old general manager new ceo nothing. Prior to the dealer taking my car apart i asked about a part called the cdv (clutch delay valve) this valve causes the clutch to slip and without even checking it they stated they never malfuntion. I asked them prior to taking my brand new car apart to change it at my expense chris refused to do it. There is a problem with this car and both honda and their dealerships know it and are covering it up. They refuse to honer their 5 year 60000 powertrain warranty. I had to pay to get my car back. My biggest concern is and it certainly should be hondas as well is do we wait until someone gets seriously injured or killed. I had two outside parties look at the parts and they all agreed this should have never happened. This is totally unacceptable remember the car is 8 weeks old and has 2500 miles on it with a major powertrain failure that they refuse to cover!!!!! Please contact me if you can help me to get hondas attention before its too late and someone gets hurt.

""""stick with toyota"""

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased a new 2017 Si in June of 2017. I've just crossed over 36,000 miles. I couldn't be happier with the performance and value. I am keeping a close eye on the oil contamination issue, but the only problem I had was the the battery failed (under warranty) in under three years. It is easily the best performing car I have ever owned (and I have had a few cars known for their performance).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts