10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consumer Reports has released its small-car reliability survey. Taking the number three spot in the ranking was the Honda Civic. Above it in the ranking were the Scion xB in first and the Toyota Yaris in second. The Scion xB scored an impressive 81-percent more reliable than the average car.

At the other end of the spectrum the Chevrolet Cruz and the Ford Fiesta. But the worst car on the list was the Fiat 500L which was 219 percent less reliable than the average car. Ouch! Stay away from that car.

Here's what Consumer Reports had to say about the Honda Civic:

In both coupe and sedan body styles, the Civic shines for predicted reliability. In fact, it has a distinct advantage over several key rivals with enviable, long-running reliability track records. Plus, the Civic is roomy, with a comfortable ride, generous standard equipment, and outstanding fuel economy. It does concede some handling acumen and noise dampening to its peers, and the infotainment system can be exasperating. But there is a clear reward for accepting those trade-offs.
Now I realize this isn't the 10th generation Civic that they are talking about, but you have to figure that it spells good things for the 10th-gen Civic.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/12/most-and-least-reliable-small-cars/index.htm

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's likely to be the same case with the 10th generation. Honda has held this reputation with many of their vehicles, it's what most expect and get from Honda. Although buying a Civic can cost more than a compact from another brand you really can't beat the reliability and overall worry-free ownership that comes with it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely more likely to buy a car that has great reliability ratings. I don't understand why people would buy the Fiat 500L. Anyone who does some research on it would know that it is a horrible quality car.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Corolla didn't make it... i'm surprised, but at least 2 of the three best vehicles to consumer reports are Toyota's.

Can't go wrong buying from either brand.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dislike toyota's, just not into them at all...
It's fine to have that opinion, but I am curious why. Toyotas are some of the most reliable cars on the road. Not every one of them is a home run, but they have some really nice ones too. The Supra? Yes please.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
and can't forget some of their 'bulletproof' vehicles, one of them being the Landcruiser, Toyota is one of the best in the game, there's a reason they have risen to their rank in the industry.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think sometimes people just like to dislike those at the top of the market. If its the most popular thing out there, it is too mainstream. people are always looking for what's next.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the Toyota Corolla. . . on the outside. I do not like the interior and [especially] the way the gauges read.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I don't know about you but the interior on the new Corolla sure is nice. The gauges look like they came from some american car makers parts bin, but aside from that it's one of the best or the best in it's segment, and sure as **** better than corolla interior before it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm a big fan of the first gen xB. I love box cars that scream "I'm Japanese". Like the Honda Element, which is probably why I bought one the first year they came out. I have slowly come to like them less and less with each revision, though the single reverse light in the rear bumper was Euro and kind of cool. I also like the Nissan Cube's exterior styling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a big fan of the first gen xB. I love box cars that scream "I'm Japanese". Like the Honda Element, which is probably why I bought one the first year they came out. I have slowly come to like them less and less with each revision, though the single reverse light in the rear bumper was Euro and kind of cool. I also like the Nissan Cube's exterior styling.
i like it even more since it looks like their kei cars that we never got, which i think were japan-only, like you said... very Japanese

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
even the generation before it wasn't that bad...

I'm not a huge fan of this interior. Granted it is dated now but the material they used looks really cheap and the dials look very old fashioned at this point.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm definitely more likely to buy a car that has great reliability ratings. I don't understand why people would buy the Fiat 500L. Anyone who does some research on it would know that it is a horrible quality car.
you need to do some research into how CR comes to their conclusions. Often times things like not liking the interface will impact quality/reliability ratings. Nonsense.

CR is one of the most gamed/manipulated sources out there...

·
Registered
876 Posts
you need to do some research into how CR comes to their conclusions. Often times things like not liking the interface will impact quality/reliability ratings. Nonsense.

CR is one of the most gamed/manipulated sources out there...
I think with GM this was the case with their CUE system, if not with CR, it was an issue with many other publications.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts