10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 civic. Is the cvt transmission change the same 30k intervals as the regular transmissions? I have about 34k on my civic and the maintenance minder code for transmission change hasn't popped up yet. Just the usual b 1 service. Dealer says every 30k but i trust the minder system better. Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 civic. Is the cvt transmission change the same 30k intervals as the regular transmissions? I have about 34k on my civic and the maintenance minder code for transmission change hasn't popped up yet. Just the usual b 1 service. Dealer says every 30k but i trust the minder system better. Thanks
I would trust current standard convention over the minder. Minder says I don’t have to change my oil for up to 8k but when I drain the oil it is completely black. Convention says approximately every 5K if you want your engine to last especially if you run it hard or in extreme environments like the South and SW. Drain and fill every 30k.

· Registered
5 Posts
Toyota Corollas say cvt fluid is a life time fluid and make it really hard for a DIY to change. Honda makes it much easier and Toyota doesn't even recommend a cvt fluid change. ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts