10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, I know Honda has a new DCT (with Torque Converter) that they debuted in the TLX earlier this year, its a transverse layout designed for 4 cylinders (TC makes packaging an issue with larger motors)

So what do you think the chances are we see this make its way into the 2016 Civic?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I suppose its possible. It just depends on whether Honda wants to keep that tech for Acura and more upscale models or if they are looking to proliferate it. For example, it could expand through the Acura lineup and maybe first be introduced in Honda's lineup with something like the Genesis.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose its possible. It just depends on whether Honda wants to keep that tech for Acura and more upscale models or if they are looking to proliferate it. For example, it could expand through the Acura lineup and maybe first be introduced in Honda's lineup with something like the Genesis.
Oh the Genesis, is that new? ;)

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the relationship between Acura and AHM if you honestly think that Acura takes precedent over Honda. For example their new infotainment system debuted in the Honda FIT, THE FIT, an economobox, not an Acura ( which shares the same system)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'd like to see it as an option on Si or Type R, keep it out of the poverty packs. Besides all autos are going the CVT route...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great, now that you said that the hybrid/CNG will get it. Like the turn signal mirrors on the 9th gen Civic.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts