10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I debadged the civic letters leaving the Si. Definitely recommended. I also ordered new side marker coverings and am buy led bulbs for them. I hate the yellow!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
did you also replace the bulbs and if so which bulb?
No, I did not. I read by a few folks that the higher grade ones they added didn't look much of a difference so for now I was just going to keep the stock ones and see how I like the look then go from there. The removal isn't that hard so its not a PITA to do over if needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same on my hatchback. I went with the smoke side markers.
No, I did not. I read by a few folks that the higher grade ones they added didn't look much of a difference so for now I was just going to keep the stock ones and see how I like the look then go from there. The removal isn't that hard so its not a PITA to do over if needed.
So it still shows the amber color but smoked? do you have pictures of it at night?

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct. I have not done this install yet mine should arrive Wednesday and I will install then. I can link you to another civic thread that someone did where I got my info from and that person has pics posted.

https://www.10thcivicforum.com/thre...-smoked-side-markers.12437/page-1#post-232414
thanks my cover I ordered the other day and is in on Friday. I was going to replace the amber bulb but I think I'm going to wait it out now. can you send me the link for the cover you bought

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks my cover I ordered the other day and is in on Friday. I was going to replace the amber bulb but I think I'm going to wait it out now. can you send me the link for the cover you bought
I can tomorrow. If you check out the thread I pasted the guy posted the link he bought his from which is the same one I bought

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
As promised here you go. Installed side markers and it was about a 10min job. Super simple. Straight swap with no mods to the mods needed. I also swapped in the amber bulbs that came with them because the stock ones are white. I believe these lights are suppose to be amber to be legal

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As promised here you go. Installed side markers and it was about a 10min job. Super simple. Straight swap with no mods to the mods needed. I also swapped in the amber bulbs that came with them because the stock ones are white. I believe these lights are suppose to be amber to be legal
I just did my markers tooo. Definitely super easy and definitely worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
How did you debadge: dental floss and?
Well I tested to see how loose the emblems were and with little to lite pressure they wiggled pretty good so the day I did it the temp was 95 and the car had been baking for hours. I simply wiggled unless they came off one by one, tried to remove as much adhesive as I could, and use goo gone or whatever its called to remove the rest. If you do the dental floss method either wait for a hot day or just a blow dryer to heat up the glue a but before you use the floss. Goo gone is very nice for removing gunk from stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts