10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plug & play horn replacement upgrade coming from College Hills Honda, to replace the standard "meep, meep" horn. I have difficulty at 73 years old, barely hearing the doors locked tone generator module located under the rear bumper area. My question is, can I replace that tone generator with the much louder "meep, meep" horn, I will be removing from the front of the car? Is there any other thing I can replace the tone generator with, perhaps something from a different model Honda that would be more audible? I would need something voltage/amps compatible, & would be nice if plug & play. Even standing next to the rear of my 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, I can barely hear that tone when locking the car. If there is any volume adjustment, it is already at max volume in settings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Still no replies to my questions, but since this comment, I did replace the original horn with the College Hills Honda horn upgrade, with included adapter harness. I had my left side fog light take a stone hit, which required the front bumper to come off anyway. So it was great time to do the horn upgrade, as that required the front to come off also, so two things accomplished at the same time. A local body shop did it in an hour or less the whole job, for $100 plus tax, & worth every penny, with all of those different kinds of fasteners to remove & replace, & also not scratch or damage bumper when removing & putting back on. What a difference from the original mild meep, meep, to the nice loud HONK, HONK. I am still trying to find out if maybe I can use my old horn in place of the electronic tone module under the rear bumper, for the doors locked sound, which to me, is very weak. Anyone know how to make this louder, or a louder module from a different model Honda, that might work better?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts