10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone wonder why the driver's side mirror has the vertical line sketched on it? I was under the impression when I bought the car the line marked the beginning of a magnified view. However after having owned it for awhile I cannot see any difference at all. Anyone else?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The driver’s side Expanded-View Mirror helps the driver spot vehicles or other items in the driver-side blind spot by expanding the field of vision at the mirror’s outer section. If you look on the Honda Owners Site and search for Expanded-View Driver's Mirror you will see a nice video explaining it. Sorry I can't post the link, I'm to new to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply rotoruda.

I was under the same impression as you explained, but I can line up a view on either side of the line and there is no change. Seems like a strange item to be defective, so I was wondering what the experience was of other drivers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring (North American) doesn't have what you have.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i personally don't see why they did this...made absolutely no difference whatsoever. glad they got rid of them for the most part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts