10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. My dealer told me they wouldn't have any in until march 25th. They called on Thursday to let me know this one came inand it was prepped and ready to drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I didn't have two young boys this would definitely be my choice. Love the coupe. Still love my sedan but this had a very sporty look.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I agree on the coupe not having a bad angle however it did take some getting used to, being a new design and all but now that it's all digested i'm quite pleased with what Honda did.

Now i'm interested in how they'll enhance styling on the Si model, even when it comes to HFP goodies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problems. I drove the sedan previously and the coupe seemed to handle and feel the same. The trunk is smaller than the sedan, but still decent size. There was enough room in the back seat so that passengers wouldn't complain. I don't plan on ever being back there, so that's not much of a concern.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I got to look at/sit in a red touring coupe at the columbus auto show. Back seat is way larger than my 2014 coupe for sure. Much easier on any rear seat passengers i might have on rare occasion. You can really feel the added width of the new car over the old and the seating position feels way lower than just an inch compared to my 2014 as well. Agreed there are no bad angles on the coupe and the new tail light bar looks awesome in person, even better at night i'd imagine.

I noticed that the window surround was actually less of a chrome and more of a brushed nickel/steel look. wish they had copied that same look on the front grill instead of doing full on chrome, but that's easily changed. I'm still a year out from buying but already looking into financing through my bank. Hoping to get a blue EXT with spoiler added on for 22k flat out the door since i'll essentially be paying cash in full out the door.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Woo Hoo! It won't be long now before I get mine...two doors and three pedals!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The color looks awesome!

Was it a smooth drive?

Are you going to wait for the red touring model before you decide on the two?:surprise:
The drive was similar to the sedan. It may have felt a bit firmer. Gotta have red touring. I can wait until one comes in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice!

No, I'm sold. My dealer actually gave me a pretty good price on my trade in...$12,000 for my 2007 CRV-EXL AWD with only 38,000 miles. I was expecting them to low ball me around $10,000. $12,000 is higher than I could get on a private party sale. I'm guessing there will be nothing off the sticker price on the '16 coupe, but that's OK if they stick to the trade in value. The CRV is my winter ride which is why the miles are so low. I drive a Miata when there is no snow.
Wow that's a very good trade in price! lucky you!

So you have a winter beater and a summer ride huh? nice!

When are you picking up the new ride? What color are you getting? :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow that's a very good trade in price! lucky you!

So you have a winter beater and a summer ride huh? nice!

When are you picking up the new ride? What color are you getting? :D
Waiting for a Touring in red. No delivery date yet. My dealer only has two coupes in stock...both EX-Turbos. I would rather have the gray/black interior, but it seems red is only available with ivory/black.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am looking for a red Touring coupe as well. Where are you that you were able to test drive it? Dealers around me in NJ say they don't expect them for another month.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts