10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Dusted off the Cosmic Blue

6690 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  glbg
I can't believe what a dust-magnet the dark blue is. Should have got silver. Is there an anti-static coating?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
If its truly just dust and doesn't contain other particles (sand, etc), I have used a California Car duster on my darker vehicles in the past with success.
California Car duster? Is that some type of spray or is it like a shammy of sorts?
California Car duster? Is that some type of spray or is it like a shammy of sorts?
A fancy duster.... :)

Although I have seen adverts for anti-static / detailing sprays that claim to do a better job.
At the end of the day isn't that just like having to wash your car, except without as much soapy water?
No, you can dust a car off in like a minute or two with one. Much faster than any wash. I used one all the time back when I had a dark burgundy car that I never drove in rain and I hardly ever had to wash it.
Anyone ever tried using a swiffer duster on the exterior of their car? I always have a lot of those.
Anyone ever tried using a swiffer duster on the exterior of their car? I always have a lot of those.
There's one specifically for cars that helps with clearing larger areas like the hood, they go as wide as half the average car hood.
Just worried about scratches from the swiffer duster but it feels soft enough to not scratch the paint.
That's why you'll want to use the one designed for automotive use since chances are it has fibers that won't scratch. Pricing of them probably reflects this too.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Original-California-Duster-Wooden-Handle/dp/B001GP78RG/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1450285463&sr=1-6&keywords=california+duster[/ame]

Have one myself, and it works great. Only use it for removing pollen on an other wise clean car.
"We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Is this item easy to find? Looks like it has been around for a long time.
I just checked the Amazon site and it shows it to be in stock.

Here is the actual company link.

http://www.calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp
If its truly just dust and doesn't contain other particles (sand, etc), I have used a California Car duster on my darker vehicles in the past with success.
Same here. Especially during spring.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.