10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Has anyone been able to find the engine codes of the two new motors?
Not that i know of... there has been alot of questions about whether these are K series or R series engines... or if they're being coded as something new. If they're R series that's alot of revisions, as the R series were mostly all SOHC which both the new motors are DOHC... but if they're K series then alot of work had to have been done to increase the efficiency of those engines to hit the 39mpg mark.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that i know of... there has been alot of questions about whether these are K series or R series engines... or if they're being coded as something new. If they're R series that's alot of revisions, as the R series were mostly all SOHC which both the new motors are DOHC... but if they're K series then alot of work had to have been done to increase the efficiency of those engines to hit the 39mpg mark.
yea thats why I'm curious. IIRC TOV says there was a DOHC head developed for R series engines at some point... can't remember when, let me see if I can go find the post...

Or could we be looking at a new letter code from Honda...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Having followed development of their engines for a couple decades and follow the trend i've seen, it seems like we can expect a new code. SOHC's from my experience have always been their own code, kind of like how we had D series (single) and B series (dual) years ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not always a new code. The 2nd gen Fit was a SOHC L15, and the 3rd gen is now a DOHC DI L15.

One guess is as good as another at this point. But we'll find out in 5 days!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found the following and just posted a thread on it.

2.0 liter NA engine is a K20C2 found in most of the 2016 Civic Sedans.
1.5 liter turbo is a L15B7 found in the 2016 Civic EX-T models and above.
2.0 liter turbo in the 2016 Civic Type R is a K20C1.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the following and just posted a thread on it.

2.0 liter NA engine is a K20C2 found in most of the 2016 Civic Sedans.
1.5 liter turbo is a L15B7 found in the 2016 Civic EX-T models and above.
2.0 liter turbo in the 2016 Civic Type R is a K20C1.
So with that said, about the type R 2.0T vs Na 2.0, wouldn't that mean these two motors are identical?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts