10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Does anyone have more information on what is causing the Engine Rattle/Grinding Noise on warm starts? I've seen many videos and forum posts about this issue but nobody has a good answer as to what is causing this. This is for the 1.5 Turbo/CVT.

I have a Hatchback Sport Touring on order, so I want to research this seemingly common issue before my car shows up at the dealer.

Thanks for any input!

Bobby

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

My 1.5 T does it occasionally[like maybe once in five times] n usually only when starting from cold.. so its kinda hard to replicate to the Service Technicians..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dirtrun,

So do you feel it is a normal characteristic, or a defect? What is your guess of what it is?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I personally haven't had this happen on my EXT.Infact my car runs extremely smooth and can hardly tell it's even running at a warm start up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I watched a video on this and the sound in the video is definitely the starter staying engaged a bit too long. I am guessing it's push start, which I don't have in my 1.5T 6M.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks dirtrun,

So do you feel it is a normal characteristic, or a defect? What is your guess of what it is?
At the moment,

I am living with it.. there is still no proper fix [ locally, here - they have identified a 'module' tingy, but there are cases of recurrence even after the change of the part, so.. ]

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Its looking like the first year Hatchbacks are experiencing some gremlins.There is another Hatchback thread where there is some electrical issues involving the rear wiper and car start up issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts