10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new member here, hope this is the right section for this.

so it’s a long story, but i just came into ownership of a 2018 civic lx. i know nothing about the car/hondas in general. started driving for the first time and all the dash lights lit up. main problem is this code it’s throwing. turns out, the small air hose running from the turbo to the engine was rotted and had a giant hole in it. no suction. turns out there’s oil vapors getting into the line which caused it to rot. so i replaced the hose with a fuel injection hose so it could hold up, and seeing no other problem areas, i thought that would be it. nope. after clearing the check engine light it came back on immediately after driving. i figured i’d take it out again to see if it just needed time but it starting whirring loudly upon acceleration and it throws a weak “thwaping” noise out when letting off the gas. the sound is coming from the turbo, like it’s trying to spoil but blowing off nothing. still has no power like it’s in limp mode and i’m desperate to not spend any money on this stupid thing (no offense to hondas, just my specific situation). if this sounds familiar to anyone, please send help ;_;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new member here, hope this is the right section for this.

so it’s a long story, but i just came into ownership of a 2018 civic lx. i know nothing about the car/hondas in general. started driving for the first time and all the dash lights lit up. main problem is this code it’s throwing. turns out, the small air hose running from the turbo to the engine was rotted and had a giant hole in it. no suction. turns out there’s oil vapors getting into the line which caused it to rot. so i replaced the hose with a fuel injection hose so it could hold up, and seeing no other problem areas, i thought that would be it. nope. after clearing the check engine light it came back on immediately after driving. i figured i’d take it out again to see if it just needed time but it starting whirring loudly upon acceleration and it throws a weak “thwaping” noise out when letting off the gas. the sound is coming from the turbo, like it’s trying to spoil but blowing off nothing. still has no power like it’s in limp mode and i’m desperate to not spend any money on this stupid thing (no offense to hondas, just my specific situation). if this sounds familiar to anyone, please send help ;_;
did you get a fix yet and if so what was the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know if you fix it myself going though the same exact thing right now and going crazy over it plz any help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts