10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/all-new-honda-civic-will-arrive-in.html

The Japanese automaker has announced that the tenth-generation Civic will be launched in Europe in early 2017, with the five-door variant to be exclusively built at Honda’s UK Manufacturing plant (HUM).

In order to prepare for this new model, Honda has invested €270 million ($303.7 million) in new production technologies and processes, bringing the total investment in the site to €3 billion since 1985.

·
Registered
959 Posts
but are they saying that the 5 door variant will launch in 2017... or are they saying that the sedan will launch in europe in early 2017 and eventually the hatch will come from here...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but are they saying that the 5 door variant will launch in 2017... or are they saying that the sedan will launch in europe in early 2017 and eventually the hatch will come from here...

Hmm, I think that's unclear. Given that U.S. sedans will be produced first (I think?), I imagine the first Civics over there will be the sedans that have already been rolling down assembly lines for months at that point. Then the hatch will follow as production begins in the UK.

·
Registered
991 Posts
is the sedan launch globally coordinated though?
What would be the benefit of that? Seems like it would be best to do it gradually. Easier to manage, and you can get already produced vehicles to customers instead of withholding them.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That's quite late to have sedan sales started in Europe in comparison to when U.S. sales will kick off, but that's probably due to the current line up they have which isn't in line with what we have.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That's one year later than the U.S. and if you're waiting for the 10th Gen coupe then it may be a longer wait than that.
How bad is your 7th gen doing if you're worried about it lasting until the release date?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
ha dammit early 2017
pffff, that's really late
i really hope my 7th gen holds out that long...
With a date like that for the hatch and the Focus RS coming to market soon, the civic hatch is going to lose some initial interest. But depending on how many RS's will be produced it might not be an issue for Honda.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's one year later than the U.S. and if you're waiting for the 10th Gen coupe then it may be a longer wait than that.
How bad is your 7th gen doing if you're worried about it lasting until the release date?

well I just spend 700 euro's for maintenance and replacing a broken piece (the one that holds the wheel) anyway had to do that before the visit to the vehicular control. It's a diesel so I went a few kilometres to 4500 rpm to clean it out.
But since then it's not always accelerating like it should. Nothing problematic at the moment but I'm a bit scared it might worsen. Used already kent in the fueltank, it's a dieseladditive, was better afterwards but still not like it really should be.

·
Registered
959 Posts
hey Tim have you heard anything from your dealers over there? Ours are all aware at least that pricing is coming soon... I would imagine if Euro sales people are buzzing the same the launch is coordinated to the day...

·
Registered
165 Posts
talked exactly a month ago with my dealer and he said very blunt: we are always the last to know officially
we know as much as you do atm
by the way, besides from his response on that question I find this guy's service crappy and expensive
so I'll be checking out a dealership closer to my place that just opened up
there aren't many honda garages left here in belgium so this is quite good news to me
(now I'm on my 4th dealer the other three all closed down!)
hopefully the fifth will be the good one

·
Registered
959 Posts
talked exactly a month ago with my dealer and he said very blunt: we are always the last to know officially
we know as much as you do atm
by the way, besides from his response on that question I find this guy's service crappy and expensive
so I'll be checking out a dealership closer to my place that just opened up
there aren't many honda garages left here in belgium so this is quite good news to me
(now I'm on my 4th dealer the other three all closed down!)
hopefully the fifth will be the good one
why so much trouble for Honda in Belgium?

·
Registered
165 Posts
the euro hatch gen 9 really didn't appeal to the people here
I still think the 8th gen sold well
Last week I have never seen that much 9th gen civics before in a week
4 to be exactly :-S
the civic hatch stands out from the gray dull crowd here imo
you love it or you hate it, most people hate it
not me though, but i can't deny it gives a bit of a budget vibe, you know?

hope others are happy with their newly purchased volkswagens, hah!
those cars look sooo boring but everyone here seems to drive one
my girlfriend loves these vehicles as well
i think lots of people just love boring looking cars, i just can't get my head around it
the vw gruppe also rules the leasingmarket

nobody knows Honda anymore here in Belgium
I hope the 10th gen hatch really leaves a more massappealing impression
without losing its ability of standing out (imo that is)
i'm hoping for a succes a bit like the 8thgen has been here

next to that, the dealers who closed down weren't really positive bout the relationship they had with Honda
and that's still a big understatement the way i put it here

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
A long time but what's probably needed for that market to see what it's like out in the wild in the hands of consumers elsewhere, since that does help to better establish a following for the model. But of course there are probably more reasons.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honda obviously has some strategy that is beyond us. Our emissions and safety standards are tougher I so do not think that is it. Maybe Honda is working on a special emissions module for the cars. Just kidding. However I do not understand it. Ship these cars out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts