10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not been overly enamoured with the Civic for time, joined to monitor and take part. Heard it may be much closer to the Euro civic...????

·
Registered
991 Posts
Are you happy about it getting closer to the Euro Civic, or is that bad in your eyes? What exactly are the differences between the Euro and the North American model?

·
Registered
876 Posts
So far that's what it's looking to be unless what we've seen so far is for the Euro market and what we'll be getting will be more tailored to us with the same powertrain

·
Registered
170 Posts
North American vehicles are watered down, less-cool versions that Europe and other markets get. Partly due to regulations, taste, and probably focus groups in each country. That having been said, the same is probably true for other markets trying to get their hands on some USDM parts/vehicles so the saying "The grass is greener on the other side" probably holds true in this situation.

·
Registered
237 Posts
North American vehicles are watered down, less-cool versions that Europe and other markets get. Partly due to regulations, taste, and probably focus groups in each country. That having been said, the same is probably true for other markets trying to get their hands on some USDM parts/vehicles so the saying "The grass is greener on the other side" probably holds true in this situation.
I've always felt its Acura fault. In the sense that there is a ceiling on NA Honda vehicles in order to keep them from bumping up against higher margin vehicles...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll accept your placement of blame. But then again, we get Acura and other markets don't.
Fair, but with a bit of conjecture I will venture to say that North America is the leader of "hey why can't we get that here?"

I don't suspect many Euro's are sporting raging hardness for our Civic Si... >:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've always felt its Acura fault. In the sense that there is a ceiling on NA Honda vehicles in order to keep them from bumping up against higher margin vehicles...
That is true to some extent, it cutting back on features in Honda sure does make Acura look much more attractive when comparo's are being done.

Fortunate for Honda they have a reputation and history that makes people look past this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts