10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this Honda Civic 2016 EX-T and I guess I'm having a issue with my Daytime Running Lights. As far as I remember, when I turn on my engine eventhough my headlights are off, my Daytime Running Lights automatically turns on. So I noticed these past few days that when I turn my engine on, the Daytime Running Lights doesn't turn on no more. It only works when I'm turning my gear into reverse or drive and if I'm gonna turn off my electronic brake. So I wanna know if this is just normal or there's something wrong with it?

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I have this Honda Civic 2016 EX-T and I guess I'm having a issue with my Daytime Running Lights. As far as I remember, when I turn on my engine eventhough my headlights are off, my Daytime Running Lights automatically turns on. So I noticed these past few days that when I turn my engine on, the Daytime Running Lights doesn't turn on no more. It only works when I'm turning my gear into reverse or drive and if I'm gonna turn off my electronic brake. So I wanna know if this is just normal or there's something wrong with it?
Not normal, take it to the dealership

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not normal, take it to the dealership
Alright! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would check and see if it works different in Auto lights vs. lights Off.
It doesn't work even if it is on auto light. But whenever I switch my gear to drive or reverse then turn off the electronic brake, it turns on. But as far as I remember, they work when you're going to turn on your engine even it's on lights off.

·
Registered
331 Posts
OM p. 159:

Daytime Running Lights

The parking/daytime running lights come on when the following conditions have
been met:

• The ignition switch is in ON *1.
• The headlight switch is off.
• The parking brake is released.

The lights remain on even if you set the parking brake. Turning off the ignition
switch or setting the power mode to VEHICLE OFF will turn off the daytime running
lights.

The daytime running lights are off once the headlight switch is turned on, or when
the headlight switch is in AUTO* and it is getting darker outside.

*1: Models with the smart entry system have an ENGINE START/STOP button instead of an
ignition switch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
when you turn on ignition you must released the electronic parking brake because DRL lights connect the electronic parking brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
when you turn on ignition you must released the electronic parking brake because DRL lights connect the electronic parking brake.
Did you fix your problem?
I am having an issue right now, my drl are not working ( 2016 honda civic cvt ex), I dont know why, it doesn work, i did everything, i checked the fuses and they are ok, just stop working. Any toughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts