10th Honda Civic Forum banner

EX-T Software Issues!!!!!

52K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Efrain 
#1 ·
I have been having a lot of software issues with my 2016 EX-T. The Honda Link does not work most of the time, the clock will not update, the Bluetooth does not recognize my phone and the Android Auto hardly ever works and this is after having in the shop twice in the past 2 months! Anyone else having these issues?

#3 ·
I too have had some annoying issues with my 2016 Civic EX. Although I have had it to the dealership twice, the permanent fix doesn't exist, at least for me. Here's what has happened to me too many times to remember: We pair our phones up to the system, and everything works fine, including Android Auto. Then for no reason whatsoever, I will get in the car with my Bluetooth on, and the system doesn't recognise my phone or my wife's phone. The record without this happening is 19 days. The ONLY fix for me is to do a factory data reset, which takes about 5 minutes. After I do that, the system is like it was on day one, and I have to re-pair our cell phones, and off we go again, UNTIL the next RANDOM time I get in the car with my Bluetooth on, and the system doesn't recognise my phone.

To do a factory data reset, go to settings, system, scroll all the way down and touch Factory Data Reset and touch "YES" or "OK" about 4 times and don't turn your car off until the system comes back on. The 1st time you do this, it may scare the crap out of you, but it does work.

Hopefully, Honda will have a software update to address this at some point.

#5 ·
Honda's efforts to fix these issues will be proportional to the pain they feel over them.

Honda In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876
Honda Customer Service: (800) 999-1009

They'll tell you to take it to the dealer, no doubt. And the dealer can't do much of anything to fix software issues besides put heat on Honda as well. Unfortunately, they only get paid for spending time fixing things, so they are less likely to spend effort beating on Honda simply because there's no money in it for them until Honda releases a fix. Then they can spend reimbursable time installing it.

#6 ·
All those happened to my ex-t too.
clock thing....I went into settings and come out, and it's solved.

For connectivity, press and hold power, until your head unit restart. it would took 2-3 mins, don't worry. Than everything go well too....

I wouldn't call that a permanent solution, but it works ... for now

#12 ·
Hey, I have the same problems.
2016 EX-T Purchased 12-14-15

Honda Link not working
Time not updating
Bluetooth not connecting

I am pretty upset with Honda. Quality quality quality and it seems like they rushed the infotainment system.

Are you still having problems? I am waiting for a dealership appointment but in the meanwhile I have read that people are doing 2 different things to temporarily solve the problem.
1. holding down the power button to reboot
2. going to settings, factory reset and selecting yes

Have you tried either?

#13 ·
Androids vs Apple

As stated earlier, my infotainment system has begun to not recognize my brand new Samsung S6. Now the blue-tooth isn't working and the time is freezing.

I hooked up both my phone and my mothers android and both didn't work with the correct apps installed on both phones.

But when I hooked up my girlfriends Apple 6, it linked up in 5 seconds. No issues what so ever.

So I am wondering if it is a software issue with only androids or are Apple users having similar problems connecting the infoainment system to their phones.

#14 ·
Yes, it is a software issue. The fix, for now, is to hold the audio power for about 2-3 seconds until the "do you want to reboot" screen comes up. Then press yes, and your system will reboot in about 1-2 minutes and you are on your way. That is the deal for now. The system will then recognize your paired phone. If you do the factory data reset, you will accomplish much the same but it will take about 5 minutes, and you will need to pair your phones up again, as if you just bought the car and drove off the dealership lot.

#16 ·
No Bluetooth and time displays not in sync.

I have had my Civic EX-T for just over a month. Loved everything about it until the Clock on the 7 Inch Display failed to synch with the clock behind the Steering Wheel. In addition the Bluetooth failed to recognize my phone and the Android Auto would not load. Took it to the dealer Friday, learned from them that they have had several similar complaints from other customers roughly a month after they each had their Civics. I contacted Honda, was given a case#, and talked through a factory reset which appeared to resolve the problem. However, 2 days later (yesterday) the problem popped up again and I had to do another factory reset. I hope Honda is working on this.

#18 ·
i have been having a lot of software issues with my 2016 ex-t. The honda link does not work most of the time, the clock will not update, the bluetooth does not recognize my phone and the android auto hardly ever works and this is after having in the shop twice in the past 2 months! Anyone else having these issues?
absolutely the same....dealer even replaced the radio and had to install updates a week later...still same problem...dealer is running me around....

#19 ·
USB connection stopped working

Similar to others' issues, but with a bit of a unique twist. Radio stopped connecting to phone (galaxy S7) via USB. Bluetooth phone and audio were still functioning, but could not use android auto because the system didn't recognize there was a device plugged in. Reboot by holding power button did not solve the issue, but factory reset did.

Good things to learn in the parking lot of a hotel while 6 states away from home and with 2 more states to go. Very glad to have maps back.