10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Faulty Keyless Smart Entry

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BFillenwarth 
#1 · (Edited)
The dealer has no fix for known issue with keyless smart entry. This forum won't allow me to post link to service bulletin.
After car door is locked for ten minutes, comfort access does not allow operation. No attempt was made to repair under warranty by the dealer.
"2017 Civic 5dr Door handles inoperative after 1-3 min after each lock cycle. The remote can still be used via the buttons to unlock car and starting is OK. After turning off and locking car, the touch function will go to sleep after 1-3 min. THIS IS UNDER REVIEW AND THERE IS NO REPAIR FOR THIS. REPLACING THE BCM WILL NOT REPAIR LONG TERM."

#3 ·
Hey Guys I’m getting so frustrate I bought a 2019 Honda Civic hatchback ex model after 2 weeks later my smart entry stopped working it works fine with remote but touch sensor to unlock doors, handle button that locks & remote start doesn’t work. and I tried few things like battery disconnect & taking the fuse out but nothing helped. It was working fine before. I checked threads but they were on 2016 & 2017 models I didn’t see any on 2019 so I’m wondering if anyone had that same issue? My problem is I bought mine rebuild title. Took it to the dealer asked them if they had any customers who had that same problem the tech was acting like my only car has that problem so I gave him more detail that a lot of civic models are having problems then he said yep and then he said he will charge $270 to diagnose and then they will tell me how much will be the parts and he said it can go upto $3,000. Civic been reliable car for me for last 15 years. If anyone knows please let me know I want to know what Part is causing that.

#4 ·
Hi, I'm also having trouble with my 2015 Civic EX with keyless entry. I've seen on other posts that this system go bad and intermittently drain batteries. I'm having to jump start this Civic frequently, it has a new starter and have replaced batteries twice. The dealer says I should 'drive it more' to keep battery juiced. I'm sure it's a bad Keyless Access sensor that is draining my battery. The doors lock and unlock while the key is 3-5 feet away from the door. I understand there are 4 sensors.
Does anyone know how I can test to see if one of the sensors is causing the intermittent battery drains?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.