10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new member to this forums and I want to say I am super impressed with the Civic. All my life I have been honda/acura fan and owner and i am at the point that I am looking for a new vehicle.

I would most likely get Touring model, but two things that are absent as bugging me:
- homelink - yes, I know I can use a remote transmitter but that is not the point when a car that is approaching 30k price mark - I believe it should have it
- rear vents - I know Civic has heated seats, but they are useless when it is hot outside, so I believe rear vents are more practical and beneficial - plus they will help to quicker cool or warm up the interior of the whole car.

Other then the two, I cant really think of anything that I would like to have on this car. Are you guys finding anything that the car is perhaps missing or wish it had?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those are good points. I hadn't even noticed both of those are missing compared to Accord.

Based on past Civics, I'm going to guess that it won't have a glovebox light, so that's on the list.

No spare change cubby on the left side of the dash. I can't understand why they omit something so simple that older Hondas used to have.

No interior temp display on the keyfob. Including remote start from the factory is awesome, but I wish the fob would show you the temperature inside the car like the factory add-on one for the 9th gen did.

Blind spot warning. Having owned a car with it before, I think it is better than LaneWatch.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
They took off coin holders in many of todays cars because they figured most people choose to not carry coins let alone cash because of the "technology age" we are in now. My FRS has no coin holder and it forces me to bring my change inside and put it into my piggy bank..but that's better than having 57495742897529 pennies, 4 dimes, 8 nickles, and 1 quarter in a small coin holder. #lifesavings :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
A big gripe I have with the new Civic is lack of power lumbar in the drivers seat. At the least both the EX-L and Touring models should have this feature! The Hyundai Elantra Limited has power lumbar, and costs near $5K less than the Civic Touring. Consumer Reports also stated this in the video preview they did on the new Civic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I currently drive a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. My wish list is based on the amenities in the Accord I have become used to but understand product differentiation is major part of these missing.

10-way power drivers seat - lumbar
2 memory positions for the drivers seat
Homelink - My 2013 didn't have this but I added it later.
HDMI connection available when car is not moving. 2015 Civic had it I believe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Possible option for a 3rd party homelink upgrade.

Previously I had purchased a Homelink upgrade from College Hills Honda (http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/36650-T2A-KIT.html) for my 2013 Accord. They took a stock Honda homelink unit and modified it to not require a wire harness conenction but to run from a lithium battery.

Today - I took the stock filler from 2013 Accord and help it up against the same filler panel in a 2016 Civic EX and they appear to match exactly in size. I hopeful this same upgrade intended for the Accord will also fit the Civic.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nnfe28uv85zyhae/AABUZ9PZz5-4bLGciWOynGtza

I wonder if we could get someone at College Hills to verify if this would really work or not? Please? :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
A big gripe I have with the new Civic is lack of power lumbar in the drivers seat. At the least both the EX-L and Touring models should have this feature! The Hyundai Elantra Limited has power lumbar, and costs near $5K less than the Civic Touring. Consumer Reports also stated this in the video preview they did on the new Civic.

I always seem to be disappointed in something when I'm getting a new car. This time it's the power lumbar support as well. The thing is, there are tons of things on the civic that are awesome that other cars in the class don't have. For me the Elantra has tons of features for the money but the drive is terrible. (my opinion only) Nothing is perfect, but it's tough not to be very critical, especially when on the internet reading, comparing and really wanting the perfect car. The 2016 civic is the closest to the perfect car for me in this price range. I have to learn to look at what is there and not what is missing !:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never used homelink but its possible that it may not be needed much longer as technology progresses. There are Wifi garage door openers (like MyQ) that just use smart-phone app or detect when you approach house. I can see it being added to Android auto so it would be part of the LCD touchscreen. The MyQ also reports the open/close status of the garage and can alert when it is being opened or left open.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I currently drive a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. My wish list is based on the amenities in the Accord I have become used to but understand product differentiation is major part of these missing.

10-way power drivers seat - lumbar
2 memory positions for the drivers seat
Homelink - My 2013 didn't have this but I added it later.
HDMI connection available when car is not moving. 2015 Civic had it I believe.
I thought the touring did have 2 memory positions for the drivers seat. It's based on which key fob approaches the drivers side door first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They took off coin holders in many of todays cars because they figured most people choose to not carry coins let alone cash because of the "technology age" we are in now.
Yeah, and most people have SmartTags for tolls instead of needing to use coins, too.

But, I just realized that the little sliding tray inside the center console will be great for holding some loose change, so scratch that one off my list.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought the touring did have 2 memory positions for the drivers seat. It's based on which key fob approaches the drivers side door first.
That was mentioned in a press release but isn't mentioned in the PDF of the owner's manual that someone posted here recently, so I think it's kind of a question mark right now. Hopefully someone who gets a Touring will test it out soon so we'll know if it has it or not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That was mentioned in a press release but isn't mentioned in the PDF of the owner's manual that someone posted here recently, so I think it's kind of a question mark right now. Hopefully someone who gets a Touring will test it out soon so we'll know if it has it or not.
Interesting. When we test drove the EX-L the salesperson said that it did have memory seats, but he could also be misinformed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Interesting. When we test drove the EX-L the salesperson said that it did have memory seats, but he could also be misinformed.
Count me as somebody who is eagerly awaiting owner testimony that they made seat/mirror memory work. When we test drove a EX-T we only had one fob, so couldn't setup a test case.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One thing I really wish it had was the the sun glass holder in the roof console there's plenty of room I just don't understand why they didn't include it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Never used homelink but its possible that it may not be needed much longer as technology progresses. There are Wifi garage door openers (like MyQ) that just use smart-phone app or detect when you approach house. I can see it being added to Android auto so it would be part of the LCD touchscreen. The MyQ also reports the open/close status of the garage and can alert when it is being opened or left open.
Yes but my current App requires logging into the App each time I launch it... A little too cumbersome for me.

·
Registered
876 Posts
They should have made it like many things you do on your phone and computer which is to remember your login, easy of use is what we need more of in a car anyways.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts