10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wow listen how the CVT holds the revs... It actually doesn't sound to different then your fathers civic, little more quiet...
Having driven a CVT now in my 2014 coupe for a year i really don't notice much difference from the old 5 speed except that the rev holding uses the torque and power of the car more efficiently when you really need to speed up. Keeps it in that sweet spot where all the power is.

In normal daily driving i only notice it drone a bit on initial acceleration before i hits the first shift point, but overall i really like this transmission and i think with all the power and torque of the new 1.5T, it'll be a great match up for this car.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like that it's quiet. If I want to hear it rev I'll open a window or the sunroof but I don't want to constantly hear it rev loudly inside the cabin.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I like how it sounds getting up to speed which seems like just enough to let you know you're driving something with a bit of sportiness to it, something that should make merging onto the highway possibly the most rewarding in this segment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts