10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

United States’ first Honda Civic Type R was just auctioned off for almost 6 times the model’s MSRP of $33,900, an impressive $200,000.

Donated to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, it was listed on Bring a Trailer and sold to a mysterious bidder just yesterday. Going by the name "happycappyauto", they beat the previous bid by a good $144,000 just days after the auction went live. Six days later, this mystery bidder won the Honda Civic Type-R carrying the VIN number SHHFK8G75HU200101.

All proceeds from this auction will go to that charity including the standard 5% buyer fee.

Aside from a plaque stating that the Type R is model number 00001, the car isn’t all that different from its siblings.

Sporting Aegean Blue Metallic body panels, the hot hatch is still powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that cranks out 315hp and 295lb-ft of torque. Paired with close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox that sends power to a set of 20-inch alloys shod in Continental ContiSportContact 6 summer tires, it can sprint from 0 to 62mph in 5.7 seconds.

Disappointed bidders can still get their hands on the new Civic Type R, though only a few thousand will be delivered to the U.S. for the 2017 model year.

·
Registered
922 Posts
When I first read this I thought the guy was bonkers, but after reading more and realizing that the proceeds go towards a charity, it all made sense. I always thought the first one would be placed inside of that Honda museum place though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts