10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Glad the "floor" handles are gone! / Does it have overhead accent lighting?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tennesseestorm 
#1 · (Edited)
Glad the "floor" handles are gone! / Does it have overhead accent lighting?

Hi all! :)One change I have already noticed that I like is that the handles for the gas door and trunk are gone from the floor. I remember these controls there on my '12 Civic and they would get dirty from road grime falling off of your shoes. It is my understanding now that the door lid is one like used on a lot of new Ford's now where you push it and it opens and has a "capless" system now. Also it looks like the trunk release is a button on the door panel... thanks Honda!! :)

I am wondering if the '16 Civic has the accent lamp on the overhead console that lights up the console lightly at night? I know the Accord has this, but not sure about Civic, as I have not had a chance to get in one yet, but from one photo I seen, it looks like it may have the lighting. I hope so. I really like this feature on my '15 Hyundai Sonata, which speaking of may be traded in soon on a '16 Honda Civic. :) I used to have a '12 Civic LX sedan and it was well built, but a little too cheap for me, but I won it, so I couldn't complain, lol. I sold it in '14 for $15,500, held on to the money and then bought a '15 Sonata, but I am not happy with it. I have engine vibrations they cannot fix and tell me it is normal, so I am done with it I think. I will know more when I actually take a drive in one and depending on what I can sell my Sonata for. I know trade-in will be horrid. It only has 4500 miles and like new, so hoping to not take too much of a loss. I am really wanting an EX with the sensing system as I do a lot of driving on the freeway, but not sure if my budget will allow. I do not want to drain my savings, but will see. I may have to get a base LX or maybe an LX with the optional sensing system. I wish they had of offered gray interior with the white exterior however. I have not yet seen the "ivory" interior in the '16 Civic. I normally like that interior color, but in the Accord it looks a little too yellow to me.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, I really like that feature in my Accord too. I just saw this post where a guy who test drove one said "the little blue led light that shines down above the shifter turned on", so I think we're good on this.

Reactions: Tennesseestorm
#5 · (Edited)
Ah, thanks! I noticed that hole on a photo of one on one of our local dealer lots and was hoping that was one of those lights. My '12 Civic LX was pretty plain jane, it didn't even have an exterior temperature gauge, but we all know how the '12 Civic was condemned then there was a rush for a '13 improvement which added that feature as well as a back-up camera and better interior materials. I wish I had of kept it anyway, especially knowing now what I do about my Hyundai. I purchased it because of the price and features and one of the few new cars I could find with a standard satellite radio. I really love this feature in my Hyundai. I wish the satellite radio was at least optional on the LX and EX Civic, but I guess I can find another way to hear the music I like. I have noticed that Honda made the satellite radio standard in the Accord EX for 2016... last year you had to get at least the EX-L in order to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.