10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback. Two things happened. About two months ago, after backing out of a parking slot, I put the car in drive, & the rear camera stayed on screen for about half a minute. Stopped the car, cycled the gear shift lever, & the problem corrected & has not happened again. A few days ago I drove the car about a mile or less, & the GPS/Infotainment screen suddenly went totally grey, & looked to be "blipping" a few times as if trying to correct itself. Tried all control touch buttons such as Home, Climate, & others to no avail, & screen remained grey. Stopped the car, turned it off, & when restarted, screen returned to normal. It hasn't happened again. I called the local Pensacola Honda dealer service department where I bought it, & they had never heard of such a problem, & said it might need a system "reboot". I am wondering if the two happening are connected or just coincidental. Camera switch (if there is one) sticking to cause both? Any ideas as to cause, or anyone have the same happen? Luckily, I did buy the full extended warrany which goes for 5 years. I hear that replacing the infotainment system is very expensive, if that is what needs replacing to fix the problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts