10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Glad to have you here. Looking forward to having you join our discussions.

Will this be your first Civic?

Cheers!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great community here so far as I can tell. Looking forward to talking with you more as more details on the new Civic become available. Which body type are you most interested in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings!

Anyone know which market will get the new Civic first -- US or UK?
It looks like US will get the coupe and sedan for 2016. I don't think either model are confirmed for the UK yet, although theoretically it's possible given Honda has a large factory in Taiwan where the current Civic 9th Gen sedan is manufactured for right-hand drive markets, including Australia and New Zealand. I'm presuming the Taiwan plant will do the RH-drive 10th Gen sedan, and here's hoping, a RH-drive coupe too!

The five-door ex-swindon, I'm guessing will be released first in the UK late 2016, early 2017, and then in the US soon afterwards, followed by the rest of the world.

·
Registered
991 Posts
...the factory will become the global hub for the five-door Civic hatch, which will return to the USA as part of the Civic line-up.
There are 127 robots and 85 humans here – a number that reverses as you get towards the end of the process and quality control, where humans outnumber robots.

The cars go through in batches of 30 to 50. Swindon has the capacity for 250,000 cars a year but, in 2014, made slightly less than 120,000.
Great article here that talks all about the UK factory. Given that production is based there, I think it would be safe to say that the UK will be receiving the Civic first.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/road-record-looks-around-honda-5572145

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Always thought the market producing them would be first to get with the ease of getting them out that provides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts