10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, few phones pair with the bluetooth function. Which disappoints me. However, if I had a Honda Accord V6--my phone would be compatible with the bluetooth function. Which doesn't make sense and prompts me to ask Honda to perform software upgrade to work with my phone.

Honda FIX IT!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I can't even find my phone on the list...Not looking good for my future bluetooth prospects. Stinks but I guess it kind of makes sense, hard to keep up to date with the ever expanding list of mobile models and their constant updates.

Maybe call them or send Honda an email to see if they can do anything?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Unfortunately, few phones pair with the bluetooth function.

Honda FIX IT!

Many more phone pair with the Bluetooth than Honda reports having tested. This has been true for the Honda HandsFeeLink compatibility lists as long as they've existed. In part this is true because there are too many combinations for anybody to test, in part the list is just an easy way for them to wash their hands of worrying about compatibility for most devices. Only way to know for sure is to test your phone yourself. I've never owned a phone that was on the list but they've all worked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Only way to know for sure is to test your phone yourself. I've never owned a phone that was on the list but they've all worked.

Don't you just love computers? (tongue-in-cheek)

Well, actually, it's the software, not the hardware. :confused:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Most of the time it's a software issue. Android and Apple updates their system all the time but your cars aren't updated as often.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many more phone pair with the Bluetooth than Honda reports having tested. This has been true for the Honda HandsFeeLink compatibility lists as long as they've existed. In part this is true because there are too many combinations for anybody to test, in part the list is just an easy way for them to wash their hands of worrying about compatibility for most devices. Only way to know for sure is to test your phone yourself. I've never owned a phone that was on the list but they've all worked.
I recently purchased a motorola phone and the bluetooth function and android auto work fine. I think my previous phone was just out of date for compatibility with my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can probably check your service records and it could be listed there but I'm not sure how you would access that via the infotainment system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts