10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
I can't find any solid info from Honda as to howthe final hatch will be configured, and there are very different stylesamong the images I've found on the internet. I'm sure it won't have "magicseats" like the Fit, but I'll be satisfied with a couple morecubic feet behind the rear seat.

Before the new Civic wasannounced I'd been focusing on the Mk7 Golf, and maybe the Sportwagen which hasgreat cargo capacity and just fits in the maximum 180" length for my spotin the garage (Civic sedan is too long, but the hatch will likely be shorter).Golf shortcomings are reliability, fuel economy (wasn't planning on TDI)and the 5 speed manual (which hasn't gotten great reviews) only comes in basetrim, though Android Auto is now standard.

The Civic hatch (and mydecision) is still a long ways off, so plenty of time to learn more asdevelopments unfold.
In Europe the civic hatch always had the magic seats since 8th gen so it would be just plain stupid of Honda to drop such a magnificent idea. I would be very surprised if the civic hatch won't have magic seats.

· Registered
165 Posts
Magic seats in the Fit are made possible by placing the gas tank under the front seats instead of the rear. Is the gas tank under the front seats in the European Civic and this new 10th gen? If not, then it has to be a different configuration than the Fit. Anything that improves cargo capacity & versatility is a plus, but aside from road trips my rear seats are up with the security cover hiding the contents behind. If the Civic hatchback has a little more room back there than my 2007 Fit, that would be enough for me.
8th and 9th gen have the fueltank under the bum, 10th probably not
but they HAVE to find something to keep those magic seats!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.