10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car radio was doing great , radio in HD and never-never in and out of HD. Took my car in for rattle in the back subwoofer and the engine surging issue. So they padded my back speaker and that fixed that. They had to do another hard reset to try to fix the engine surging while honda tries to find a perm fix. Now my radio is going in and out of HD ?. On all channels ?. How do I fix it?? Help..

·
Registered
346 Posts
My car radio was doing great , radio in HD and never-never in and out of HD. Took my car in for rattle in the back subwoofer and the engine surging issue. So they padded my back speaker and that fixed that. They had to do another hard reset to try to fix the engine surging while honda tries to find a perm fix. Now my radio is going in and out of HD ?. On all channels ?. How do I fix it?? Help..
Take it back to the dealership get it documented and hopefully they can fix it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, I just got it back after they kept it 2 days. could someone screen shot and post on here what my settings should be on the fm screen then on into settings?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Since they were playing around near the parcel shelf, and taking your testimony that this problem is new AFTER that work, I'd wonder about antenna cabling/connectors, some of which run back in that vicinity. But it seems like a longshot as they don't look to be that close to the parcel shelf so were probably not effected. HD depends upon very good reception to work correctly. Is your experience with multiple HD stations, both AM and FM, and day and night? (Since all these have different propensity to work correctly with HD in my experience with an '09 BMW 135i, a '12 Ford Focus, and a Yamaha AVR with HD. Our Touring with HD is supposed to be built Real Soon Now, but we moved somewhere with no HD stations.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up until the dealership worked on it the hd radio played perfect. It never lost its hd signal, and i pay close attn to things. But now it goes in and out all day today. I took it back late this afternoon but of course they dont know how to fix it. So im just going to do ANOTHER hard reset and hope it fixes this and doesnt cause something else ??

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, that video makes it clear that a) that box under the r side seat/fender trim is HD (from the parts catalog, it was unclear if it was SXM or HD but the video clearly shows HD license information on the label), b) you gotta get in there to get the parcel shelf out. That's what you have to get them to go back and inspect. Loose connectors, damaged cables, crushed antenna lead, lots of possibilities like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dickw, thank u for that. I called the dealership this morning to ask exactley what they done. They put some foam tape around speakers , they did not remove it. ? i could have put foam tape!! Not sure if it helped my sound or not yet. I done a hard reset myself this morning for 20min. Cross fingers i yhink it helped it!! Dealerships look at women like we r idiots. i bet i know more about a car than a few of them!!! i went ahead and contacted honda corp about cvt surging, rattling speakers and HD. They gave me a case number and they will contact dealership monday. ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts