10th Honda Civic Forum banner

HDMI cable needed for CarPlay?

32K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Deathklok 
#1 ·
I'm buying my daughter an EX-T for her birthday and pick it up in a few weeks. The salesman says she'll need an HDMI cable to use CarPlay, but I think I've read elsewhere that no cable is needed and her phone (iPhone 6c) can be connected via Bluetooth on the 10th gen civics - which is correct? Thanks!

#14 ·
Streaming audio and phone will work on bluetooth alone, but to run the actual CarPlay app and move all the data for maps and w/e other apps you are running they require the use of a USB cable. It is the same for AndroidAuto.

#13 ·
You will need a lightning to usb cord for your iphone to work with carplay. I plug mine into the usb port under the radio dash. It works great, however, I would recommend using an original Apple OEM cable. I tried a knock off and the carplay seemed a little squirrely so I switched back and have had no problems with carplay.

#16 ·
I use my iPhone cable with no issues for CarPlay.What are the benefits of a HDMI cable.

#17 ·
you can not use a HDMI cable in our cars with modifying the system. The lightning cable is fine

#18 ·
I did notice in a advertising video from across the pond that the Civic had a HDMI port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.