10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you like/dislike the headlights seen on the all-new Civic Type R Concept car? What are the chances that we will get these headlights in it's entirety on the production model?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I like them. I think they are aggressive without being too over the top. The LED lights in them are a nice addition that makes the car look more expensive which is nice. I'm not sure the headlights will stay like this for the production model. though. Maybe the same shape but I'm not sure if the LEDs will stick around.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. Looking into this more I discovered that Honda and Acura already have LED headlights currently available on some models, so i'm thinking chances are we might get these exact headlights on a production model Type R, but nothing below that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The shape of the headlights will probably stay the same though I doubt that the LEDs will remain. Honda (and other manufacturers) like to pull a bait-and-switch by showboating an awesome prototype model but making it bland for production. Anyone remember the LED DRLs the 9th gen Civic Si was supposed to get?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm thinking we just may see LED's a production model but it may not be as seen in these pictures, it would be a great easy way to add a premium feature to the Civic which is simple and cheap for Honda. BUT it shouldn't be a basemodel feature, although that would be nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
So maybe LED for Type R, projector HID for the Si (if they keep it), and regular halogen/halogen projectors for the other trims?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is the break down i would like to see throughout the line up, it adds great value to every model up the line up, if they don't at the least make a projector available on the Si... people might be a bit disappointed. I could care less for HID's in the projectors, just as long as we get projectors... i'll throw in the HID's myself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
that is the break down i would like to see throughout the line up, it adds great value to every model up the line up, if they don't at the least make a projector available on the Si... people might be a bit disappointed. I could care less for HID's in the projectors, just as long as we get projectors... i'll throw in the HID's myself.

Count me in as one of those people who will be disappointed. I'm surprised Honda didn't equip the 2015 Fit with projectors since the Accord, (Accord) Crosstour, CR-Z, Insight, Odyssey, and Pilot (previously, but not currently) all got projectors.

That sounds like a good route Honda should go with...

If only Honda had reasonable (North) Americans on their production payroll or listened to what customers wanted.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Count me in as one of those people who will be disappointed. I'm surprised Honda didn't equip the 2015 Fit with projectors since the Accord, (Accord) Crosstour, CR-Z, Insight, Odyssey, and Pilot (previously, but not currently) all got projectors.
I bet it's something a lot of folks can agree on. Also seeing how a lot of enthusiasts buy Civic's, and likely this one more than the current model, it will be something immediately appreciated.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Canada also had lead design on Justin Bieber and Celine Dion, so...
Everytime foreigners think of Canada they mention Bieber and Celine and Nickelback. We have way more that is better reputation.

Take Lorne Michaels, or Drake, or Jim Carrey, or Ryan Gosling.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Everytime foreigners think of Canada they mention Bieber and Celine and Nickelback. We have way more that is better reputation.

Take Lorne Michaels, or Drake, or Jim Carrey, or Ryan Gosling.

Just sayin'...
Oh hells no you said drake smh, I would of said Taylor Kitsch instead...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh hells no you said drake smh, I would of said Taylor Kitsch instead...
I didn't even know who that was until i looked him up on Google, but he is a pretty cool Canadian. Gambit was always one of my favorite X-Men and he played him so I'm a fan.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You actually liked Battleship? That movie got terrible reviews. Rihanna was in it? And the whole thing just advertised a board game. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 34%. :(

(Going a bit off topic here I guess :p)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts