10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. My wife and I have just become Honda owners. My wife an Accord and I, a Civic sedan Touring Cosmic Blue. I know I'm going to have a lot of questions so I am pleased to find this forum. So far I really like the Civic very much. I had a hard time saying goodbye to my 2002 Passat with 206,500 miles. It ran very smoothly and honestly seemed more solid and well-built. In spite of its mileage the only problems with it (other than minor issues) were a persistent coolant/oil leak and recently it did not kick over twice when starting. I figured it was time for it to go. It also lacked the modern state of the art technology. Our other previous cars were Toyotas, which we liked, too.
Can I expect 200K+ from my new Touring? It drives so smoothly now...will that last? How bout rust??? Being new, do I need to wax it now? Is there a forum thread just for Touring?
Anyhow, I thought I'd introduce myself. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Not sure if it'll last 200k+ until someone actually gets close to that point but if you take care of the car I don't see why not.
If you want to rust proof a new car you can. I live in canada so it's more of a necessity up here when the winter salt hits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts