10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just bought my civic in the touring trim last Friday. She gets delivered today and is being detailed and gassed up for me to pick her up tomorrow! Excited to be on the forums. Previous owner of a 2003 civic and recently traded in my 08 acura tl for this civic.

I come from a Honda family. My dad has been working for Honda for over 30 years. I even worked at Honda building 2015 and 2016 Honda Accords out of high school before starting college.

Pictures to come soon!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey everyone! Just bought my civic in the touring trim last Friday. She gets delivered today and is being detailed and gassed up for me to pick her up tomorrow! Excited to be on the forums. Previous owner of a 2003 civic and recently traded in my 08 acura tl for this civic.

I come from a Honda family. My dad has been working for Honda for over 30 years. I even worked at Honda building 2015 and 2016 Honda Accords out of high school before starting college.

Pictures to come soon!
What a GREAT car! Congratulations!
What color did you choose? The Touring has all the "bells and whistles". It's hard for me to stop just driving around while listening to the beautiful music on the very nice stereo system. I'm in Columbus. I'll look for you.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forums ! Please please check your car when you pick it up. I cringe when dealerships detail the car before delivery ! Look out for scratches anywhere, especially on the roof.

Aside from that, how'd you like the TL ?? No trans issues I hope ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a GREAT car! Congratulations!
What color did you choose? The Touring has all the "bells and whistles". It's hard for me to stop just driving around while listening to the beautiful music on the very nice stereo system. I'm in Columbus. I'll look for you.
Thanks so much! I pick up my civic today in Aegean Blue Metallic!! Super excited. Quite nervous about the head unit and subwoofer rattles that I have seen people reporting (mostly last year) hope that is no longer and issue. But yes the system is super nice. We should definitely get a car and coffee event going sometime!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations and welcome to the forums ! Please please check your car when you pick it up. I cringe when dealerships detail the car before delivery ! Look out for scratches anywhere, especially on the roof.

Aside from that, how'd you like the TL ?? No trans issues I hope ??
Thanks for the advise. I've been reading A LOT about issues like what you are describing. Definitely will be looking all around the car for scratches. I asked for them not to detail it but it is part of their process with inspection and what not. Background on the car: I was actually at the dealership to initially get a Honda Accord Sport in the Red color. After test driving it and seeing that it was not technologically advanced at all for the price they wanted I said no. I saw they had 1 touring civic so I test drove it, fell in love, then had him trade another Ohio dealership for a blue one.

As far as the TL goes: I believe I bought it when it was at 60k miles. No major prior issues. I drove it up until 126k still with no major issues other than factory defects. By factory defects I mean known issues by the community that you just have to expect when you get an 08 in particular. The 08's build up corrosion on the battery terminals very often. It was not uncommon for me to be scrapping corrosion off at least once a month. Other than that I have had a few emissions codes pop up then go away but nothing major. I would describe myself as a moderate driver. I don't race to stoplights or race at all. Just casual driving to school and work mostly. My driving habits might have saved me from some of the issues you heard about.

All in all the TL was a great car. Pretty quick with the V6 in it. Technology package was almost a must have for it. It was a great car and hard to part with but once the cars get above 120k I don't want to have to deal with the possibly expensive repairs. Thats why I traded it for the Tour Civic

Here she is:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I look forward to creating custom products to share with the community as well for civics. I did a lot of custom stuff to my TL and shared it with AcuraZine and started giving stuff to members. I'm excited to see what I can provide here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just picked her up!! Extremely excited!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts