10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I've been a Honda man since '98 and currently own three. My current Civic is a '98 HX with CVT (at purchase, my daughters were still living at home and can't drive a MT). I'm really excited about the new turbo civic and can hardly wait for the 2 door coupe to come out after the 1st of the year! :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Great to have you onboard. I assume you'll be buying the coupe, or maybe you might even wait for the Type R????

What are your other Hondas?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! 2016 Pilot EX-L, and a VTX motorcycle. From what I've read, it seems that the 1.5T will only be available with a CVT, and after driving a CVT since '98, I won't own another...I mean, mine works fine, but they are boring. I want three pedals in my next civic, even if it means the LX with the 2.0NA. Hopefully Honda will pull it's head out and offer the turbo with a 6MT! The Type R is a little too aggressive for a daily driver IMO.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Thanks! 2016 Pilot EX-L, and a VTX motorcycle. From what I've read, it seems that the 1.5T will only be available with a CVT, and after driving a CVT since '98, I won't own another...I mean, mine works fine, but they are boring. I want three pedals in my next civic, even if it means the LX with the 2.0NA. Hopefully Honda will pull it's head out and offer the turbo with a 6MT! The Type R is a little too aggressive for a daily driver IMO.
Welcome CivicDuty! Love the name by the way. I guess you will be waiting for the new Si, based on your description of your perfect Civic.

By the way, how are you enjoying that Pilot. Isn't it amazing?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There's always the option to go Si if Type R is too potent of a package!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello to all! I've been a Honda man since '98 and currently own three. My current Civic is a '98 HX with CVT (at purchase, my daughters were still living at home and can't drive a MT). I'm really excited about the new turbo civic and can hardly wait for the 2 door coupe to come out after the 1st of the year! :)
hey welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
if you're willing it's likely that the Si gets the Turbo and a manual!! welcome as well!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Si sounds like the car for you. Welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes the new Pilot is amazing...it's the wife's car, but she let's me drive it some.:)

So the Si will get the 1.5T and a 6MT? If so, I guess I'll just have to wait. I prefer the EX coupe with cloth seats, and don't really care for all the "bling" on the Si (leather, sunroof, nav, etc.).

·
Registered
94 Posts
It will likely get a detuned Type R 2.0T with revised intake, exhaust, IC and head/valvetrain. An NA 2.4 or 1.5T are possible but unlikely.

And yes, a 6MT is all but guaranteed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes the new Pilot is amazing...it's the wife's car, but she let's me drive it some.:)

So the Si will get the 1.5T and a 6MT? If so, I guess I'll just have to wait. I prefer the EX coupe with cloth seats, and don't really care for all the "bling" on the Si (leather, sunroof, nav, etc.).
The Si doesn't have leather. It also doesn't come with the NAV unless optioned to have it. So far only the EXL and Touring have leather, again NAV optional on EXL and Standard on Touring.

The Si could actually get a 2.0T sourced from the Type R, but we don't know yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts