10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 2019 civic touring coupe with all of the bells and whistles. i have a bad glitching problem with apple carplay and sometimes the cameras don't work.

Sometimes the radio will just freeze and reboot. And sometimes just a black screen.. i took it to honda 3+ times and they told me it was an apple thing and they told me not to pair my phone. I did just that, and it still happened. SO i brought it in for the 4/5th time and now they are replacing it under my honda care warranty..

Has anyone had this problem before?

When honda replaces the head unit, will it be the same software that glitched with carplay? or will it be improved?

i'm getting tired of getting stuck on the side of the road because my maps just randomly go black and you can't do anything with the screen.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one of my least frequent issues.. But i do occasionally (maybe 1-5? 10 MAX* times/ a year) have this issue- that usually accompanies like, some static horror noise coming thru my bluetooth speakers
It SUCKS.. They “replaced the radio” once but it still is doing it. So i went back and they said i need a new screen so they ordered a new screen? I just don’t understand how a piece of glass could play a factor in those issues.

· Premium Member
6 Posts
I doubt it.. i’m sure that they’re just taking guesses, while selling you something else..
My theory is.. the more & the newer the tech & specs = more issues..🤷🏼‍♀️ My 2016 civic had far less issues ( & in every* department)— while I literally beat & road the heck outta her😅 she was a trooper!..
Makes me so less hesitant (besides current prices & supply😅) to even think of considering getting another newer model

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt it.. i’m sure that they’re just taking guesses, while selling you something else.. My theory is.. the more & the newer the tech & specs = more issues..🤷🏼‍♀️ My 2016 civic had far less issues ( & in every* department)— while I literally beat & road the heck outta her😅 she was a trooper!.. Makes me so less hesitant (besides current prices & supply😅) to even think of considering getting another newer model

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt it.. i’m sure that they’re just taking guesses, while selling you something else..
My theory is.. the more & the newer the tech & specs = more issues..🤷🏼‍♀️ My 2016 civic had far less issues ( & in every* department)— while I literally beat & road the heck outta her😅 she was a trooper!..
Makes me so less hesitant (besides current prices & supply😅) to even think of considering getting another newer model
I can’t even believe what’s going on with the technology in this car it’s driving me crazy. I can’t even get a new car because the cars worth is less than what my current loan balance is.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys! I have a 2019 civic touring coupe with all of the bells and whistles. i have a bad glitching problem with apple carplay and sometimes the cameras don't work.

Sometimes the radio will just freeze and reboot. And sometimes just a black screen.. i took it to honda 3+ times and they told me it was an apple thing and they told me not to pair my phone. I did just that, and it still happened. SO i brought it in for the 4/5th time and now they are replacing it under my honda care warranty..

Has anyone had this problem before?

When honda replaces the head unit, will it be the same software that glitched with carplay? or will it be improved?

i'm getting tired of getting stuck on the side of the road because my maps just randomly go black and you can't do anything with the screen.
Had similar issues in my 2016 touring once the display was replaced all seemed to be good (Samsung)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts