10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I’m new here and hoping anyone can help me out. So I have. 16 civic lx coupe and I cracked the front bumper a couple of years ago. I finally decided to replace it and ordered a painted one a couple of weeks ago. Paint is a perfect match, issue is I can’t get it to fit.
Hoping you can see from the pics that I can clip it on one side but the other side there’s a gap. If I line up the clips in the middle you can see that they just don’t line up. I measured the old and new bumper and it looks like there’s a bit of a difference but I don’t know how accurate my measurement is.

could the collision have caused the lineup issue? I can’t imagine that would affect the clips that are right on the frame.

any suggestions? I’m at a complete loss here.

Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Font Wood

Ruler Office ruler Tool Plant Tape measure
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Font Wood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Ruler Office ruler Tool Plant Tape measure

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried that’s why I was trying to show those of the clips in the centre not lining up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I tried that’s why I was trying to show those of the clips in the centre not lining up.
Maybe bumper mount deformed on impact and the reshell required?Try to measure each side of car and you found the problem (if the new bumper has no deformation)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I can check but can you help me out? What exactly am I measuring? From where to where?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks - I can check but can you help me out? What exactly am I measuring? From where to where?
the distance between the side members, as well as their length, front Wheelhouse Comp length. Can you photo your car without bumper?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts