10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

My name is Tom and on Monday of this past week I totaled my 2008 8th gen Civic R18 coupe on the way to work.
(Man that concrete barrier was just in the right spot where I couldn't see it. **** A-Pillar blocking my view.) The airbags deployed and I had dropped collision coverage on the car so the body shop advised me to junk the car.

I was saving for a new ND Miata but of course the unexpected happened and here I am! I got to looking at the new Civic's and saw the new 1.5T and had to pounce. I purchased a Manual 2017 Civic Coupe EX-T in White Orchid Pearl on Thursday! Looking forward to modifying the car and spending time with all of you! I loved the 8thcivic community so I expect good things!

-Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
How did you "get to looking at Hondas" Be careful with the 1.5T. They can surprise crotch rockets and sport motorcycles and you can catch one switching lanes right into you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you "get to looking at Hondas" Be careful with the 1.5T. They can surprise crotch rockets and sport motorcycles and you can catch one switching lanes right into you.
Haha i'm not sure I fully understand the 1.5T surprising motorcycles bit?

I got to looking at Honda's because my last car was a Honda. I thought the manual was dead in their lineup higher trims except for the Si. But the Honda website proved otherwise.

Edit: I also hadn't been following the Honda scene lately. I didn't like the look of the 9th gens.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Ive owned a couple R18sYoure gonna love the new 1.5-T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts