10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I've been a Honda customer now for 7 years. Started with a 2011 Civic SE, moved to a 2013 Fit Sport and just bought a 2017 Civic LX (manual) yesterday to kick off February. I love Honda's dedication to support, customer service and enjoyment of the journey. I couldn't believe the changes made to the 10th gen civic, I had one on loan for 3 weeks while my air bag inflator was being replaced and after the 3 weeks (and 2500kms>:)) I had to own one. Married with 2 kids, still using a car seat for one of them and the space in the back of a civic easily accommodates that, and more.

I want to give a shout out to Civic Motors up here in Ottawa Canada for the awesome deal and great treatment from start to finish.

I hope to enjoy reading and contributing to this site.

Ciao

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi RiverX

Welcome - I'm kind of in the same boat, here in Montreal

currently drive a 09 fit manual and looking into a civic hatch manual sport - with 2 kids minus car seats
comparing the fix to the civic, what would you say are the biggie changes, besides power? One thing I'm sure i'll miss is the cup holders on the sides (in the fit)
what about mileage differences - filling up the tank etc? in the fit I've taken me, my 2 kids and 2 bikes inside with the hatch closed.
Looking forward to the sport one of these days - but there is nothing wrong with my fit - currently at 170kms
BTW I'd be up for Aegean Blue civic hatch as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi vickenp

I mean the comfort level alone, especially for longer trips is much better in the civic compared to the fit. My daughter is 8 and absolutely loves the size of the back seat and the centre armrest. My wife's biggest complaint was loosing the perfectly placed cup holders in the fit but the new centre console in the civic makes up for it. It has so much depth and the cup holders in it are very well positioned.

I found that I got considerably better mileage out of the 2016 civic I had on loan for a month then the fit. I do mainly highway driving to work, I get about 400-450km with the fit and the civic was near 600-650km (it does hold 10 more litres of fuel though). I got to Toronto (Yorkdale) from Ottawa on about half a tank in the civic, that was cruising at 120-125km/h. That civic had the CVT though and the one I bought has the 6 speed manual but I can't see much of a difference, the ratios seem very similar.

The trunk is one of the biggest you'll find in this class, they just made the whole car so much bigger and it really shows I find, without ruining the drive. I'm not sure how the hatch compares so much as the sedan but I test drove a 2017 mazda3 hatch and it felt tiny compared to the civic hatch that I got into at the dealership.

If you havn't test driven one yet you will be in shock when you do. The fit is a great utility car I found but it's road presence, especially on highways can't really be compared to the civic, the difference is so massive. The biggest negative I would have is the height of the car, which I love but some people find it to difficult to get in and out of, it's a long drop for taller people to get into the seat and a good reach to get out of it.

I literally spent an entire day testing different brands and overall the civic was the quietest, smoothest and roomiest of them all, the Corolla had more features but the car itself was no where near the level that the civic is at and the Mazda3 was pretty rough and noisy compared to the civic, with a lot less features.

Sorry for going on a bit but it really is a nice car for not a ton of money. Also seems Honda has no issues negotiating, I got nearly 11K for my fit (which was worth about 7K), the winter protection package ($500 floor mats and truck mat) along with a set of toyo's on rims for winter and a $750 price reduction on the car in the deal. Other places wouldn't even try.

Hope this helps a bit, if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Welcome to the forum both of y'all great to have new members.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I travel often from MTL to Toronto on the 401 and get about 480kms @ 115

Still interested in the civic hatch - sport - but iffy about the sport, eventhough I want a sunroof - here in que - gas is a good 10cnts more (rip off) and with premium gas required....makes me wonder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya there. I had my heart set on a manual but couldn't bring myself to buy a car that requires premium fuel. It's unfortunate that they did that considering there is such a small performance difference. The sedan LX is the only 4 door civic you can get with the 6spd on regular gas. Miss the sunroof a little though.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
i m from new brunswick and just finish my first tank of gas regular that was put in the car and just put in we have regular/super/supreme and put super and nitice only in between gas that at the start of the car it was more alive to 1500 rpm at idle start...so....ill check to see the next tank in....to put supreme gas..........really nice upgrade for you guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. Also from Ottawa. Where you parked in Place De Ville Friday afternoon? Mine is from Hunt Club Honda. Great service as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was not me, although I don't see a lot of the blue around yet. Nice to hear others are buying it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
last month I took a civic hatch sport in ctv and manual out for a test run - of course I preferred the manual.

I guess till 2018s come out, a manual sport hatch is difficult to find in montreal

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
last month I took a civic hatch sport in ctv and manual out for a test run - of course I preferred the manual.

I guess till 2018s come out, a manual sport hatch is difficult to find in montreal
Great choice and 10 years from now you'll be even happier about it because by then we will be even more limited on how and where we'll get a manual transmission. It would probably be some 750cc 3 cylinder Honda city car that gets up to 70MPH :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts