10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All, just bought my first civic today. It is a 2017 EX-L. My friends noticed that there are weird holes under the bottom. Looks like a vent but looks really poorly manufacture, almost like a hand cut. Is this normal? just want to make sure I am not cheated by the dealer. Took some pics in the attachment

Thanks for helping in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
That looks like some transport damage to the the removable service pan underneath the engine. It comes off with (I believe) (8) 1/4-turn fasteners. you could remove it for better photos or simply take the car back to the dealer and try to get them to replace it. Be forewarned, though, that these panels get pretty beat up (sometimes) through the course of regular use, and the dealer may just tell you which aisles at Home Depot sell the bag of sand and the 5-pound hammer that he'd like you to attend to. . .

·
Registered
922 Posts
Definitely not something to be worried about and I agree with what @barenaked said, maybe not to that extent, but I doubt they'll just replace it for you so it looks prettier as it still serves it's purpose and is prone to getting beat up real easily and real quick through ownership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts