10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Darn it. Was hoping it was the unveiling of the 10th Gen Civic Coupe.
Same here and being a forum which attracts a lot of enthusiasts, it's bound to be what a lot of us wanted to see.

But this Civic being a big deal, it probably made a lot of sense to stretch out the reveals like this. The sedan is their top seller so that could have something to do about it's own event here.

·
Registered
959 Posts
yea but we knew we werent getting the coupe on the 16th...

I've been reading that the 1.5L likely has its roots in the L15B...some people feel like L15B is going to replace the K24 as the new workhorse...

Also noticed something interesting, the 1.5T is said to be mated exclusively to CVT (2:45 in the video), which could mean that the Si will not be using a version of the 1.5T but something different all together... Or it could simply mean for the sedan only...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yea but we knew we werent getting the coupe on the 16th...

I've been reading that the 1.5L likely has its roots in the L15B...some people feel like L15B is going to replace the K24 as the new workhorse...

Also noticed something interesting, the 1.5T is said to be mated exclusively to CVT (2:45 in the video), which could mean that the Si will not be using a version of the 1.5T but something different all together... Or it could simply mean for the sedan only...
I'm kind of wondering if the coupe when it debuts will offer a manual on the 1.5T since it's more sport oriented. And the general opinion is that the Si will have a detuned 2.0T similar to the TypeR engine, which isn't hard to imagine. As much as the base civics have improved i have to imagine that the Si will get at least a 20-30 bump in horsepower which would put it's output beyond what the 1.5 is capable of which tops out safely around 210hp.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm kind of wondering if the coupe when it debuts will offer a manual on the 1.5T since it's more sport oriented. And the general opinion is that the Si will have a detuned 2.0T similar to the TypeR engine, which isn't hard to imagine. As much as the base civics have improved i have to imagine that the Si will get at least a 20-30 bump in horsepower which would put it's output beyond what the 1.5 is capable of which tops out safely around 210hp.
yea thats what I was thinking as well...OR (longshot) the Si could make use of the 2.4 ED in the ILX, which is the K24W7 Earth Dreams with a 7K RPM (different then the K24Z7 in the outgoing Si). Would kind of keep a bit of provenance for the Si brand, while also leaving the CTR as the lone performance Turbo Civic...

IIRC the ILX/CSX and Si have a history of sharing a running gear (but I guess that could change as Civic is ahead in development)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do we have any idea when the coupe will be revealed? Will that happen at an auto show, or will they just do a press release, or something along the lines of what they did here?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Do we have any idea when the coupe will be revealed? Will that happen at an auto show, or will they just do a press release, or something along the lines of what they did here?
No one is quite sure, they have a history of debuting the Si at SEMA, so potentially they could use SEMA to debut the Coupe and Si concurrently. SEMA is at the begining of NOV, LA show is at the end... I would imagine SEMA is a better place to get the car out as you have a longer lead time to get the cars to dealers before years end... Which i was under the impression both coupe and sedan would be on lots before Jan 2016...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
No one is quite sure, they have a history of debuting the Si at SEMA, so potentially they could use SEMA to debut the Coupe and Si concurrently. SEMA is at the begining of NOV, LA show is at the end... I would imagine SEMA is a better place to get the car out as you have a longer lead time to get the cars to dealers before years end... Which i was under the impression both coupe and sedan would be on lots before Jan 2016...
Same idea here.

They said Sedan before Thanksgiving.
So lets say they put the sedan on sale the same week the Coupe and Si debut at SEMA. Give the coupe a couple week delay after that to release before the end of this year. I suppose at latest January for the coupe...

Si should be releasing around April next year.

·
Registered
991 Posts
So we are thinking in the next two months it seems, and at an actual auto show.

I am very interested to see the coupe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know when the hatchback will make it to the United States? Will it have Honda sense with adaptive cruise control, or is that going to be limited to the sedan?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Anybody know when the hatchback will make it to the United States? Will it have Honda sense with adaptive cruise control, or is that going to be limited to the sedan?
Hatchback probably won't be here until end of next year/early 2017 in line with the new models in the UK timeline.

All civics will have AVAILABLE honda sensing, all trims, all body styles for the added $1000, just like the accord has now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts