10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I've had my civic Hatchback (polished metal) for less than a week, and the paint is already chipped on the passenger side door. I've been very careful not to park near other cars. The chip is through both the clearcoat and the paint itself. Anyone else have this problem? I would hope the paint job would last longer than 6 days.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Any pictures? Is it at the door edge or in the middle of the panel, does it appear to be from some sort of impact or panel flex? I haven't heard of any peeling or flaking paint other than one member, but his car was damaged in transport and had an inferior touch up job that Honda is going to fix. Welcome to the forum all the same and keep us up to date on your issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just gotten a paint touch up kit from Honda. Does anyone have some best practices for prepping/applying the paint and top coat?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi all - I've had my civic Hatchback (polished metal) for less than a week, and the paint is already chipped on the passenger side door. I've been very careful not to park near other cars. The chip is through both the clearcoat and the paint itself. Anyone else have this problem? I would hope the paint job would last longer than 6 days.
PMM Hatch here, had no idea the paint chipped so easily, OMG, thanks for posting. I have purposely been avoiding all cars on either side and you have validated that it was worth it and will continue to be in the coming days. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys,

My hatch's paint chipped the second week of owning it and I also do not park next to any other cars or speed through construction zones. I use the Honda Genuine touch up paint but due to my OCD I still see it..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Hi Guys,

My hatch's paint chipped the second week of owning it and I also do not park next to any other cars or speed through construction zones. I use the Honda Genuine touch up paint but due to my OCD I still see it..
Bummer yea that OCD gets me every time.Mrs Deathklok knows also to never park her EXT anywhere near cars because other people have no respect for our Civic obsession.I also own a CBP sport hatchback and well it's black and shows every defect.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The same with mine but I believe mine came from someone hitting my car as they were backing out and left the scene without leaving information. Its pretty big and also down to the metal. Really pissed me off since I have only had the car for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
:crying:I hear ya. Drove a 99 cx hatch for 13 years not a mark. Had this car three months and been hit twice by shopping carts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
front passenger door sill scratched

Hi guys, UK 10th Gen civic owner here.

so my wife caused a chip on my front passenger door sill - tbh it was the slightest of touches to the wall when getting out. Paint is very delicate! And on my crystal black looks really bad.
Now having to look into door edge guards. Will post a pic once it's on in case anyone else is interested. I don't recall my 8th gen civic hatch having such delicate paintwork so very surprised - and disappointed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a2017 sport hatch in black . My paint is all swirled and there are a ton of scratches on it . I have taken it to detail shops and its only 8 months old and they say the scratches are my fault? I have done nothing different than what I did with my 18 year old black civic SI and that thing looked brand new when I got rid of it 8 months ago . The detail shops want to sell me all kind of things like $500 to $1000 dollar fixes ! I say screw it not paying that Im just disappointed with the paint job on this care . Have you had any pant issues with your new hatch ? Sorry to ask this question here but I have no clue how to navigate this site . I am a member of tons of other sites on the net but I cant get how this one works . Hope you answer but I probably wont know how to look it up if you do LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts