10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well it’s just a picture of the rear but it is legitimate since it was released by Honda_UK on Twitter. The final body iteration for the 10th Gen Honda Civic should be unveiled in prototype form at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in March so we should be seeing more than just the butt end there, but for now we can take a look at what’s released and maybe make a few speculations.

It’s supposed to go on sale in Europe early 2017 and from what we can see, it still retains the design elements found in both the Sedan and Coupe. The boomerang taillights look like they’re connect by a LED strip similar to what we’ve seen on the Civic Coupe but with what seems to be two extra air vents under them. Also the exhaust pipes have been relocated to the center of the car.

What I’m uncertain about is the odd left bump above the rear windshield. If it was a rear integrated spoiler then it should span the width of the car but in this case, it’s just a single raised area.

Civic Type R Prototype

As for the rest of the body, MotorAuthority speculates that it could look similar to the prototype of the Civic Type R with a 158-hp 2.0-liter four or 174-hp turbocharged 1.5-liter four under the hood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What I’m uncertain about is the odd left bump above the rear windshield. If it was a rear integrated spoiler then it should span the width of the car but in this case, it’s just a single raised area.
There's actually a bump on the right side as well. So they look like little devil horns. Not sure what their functions are.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It will be unveiled for sure at Geneva, as per Honda UK:

The Civic Hatchback Prototype receives its global premiere at Geneva Motor Show, previewing the exterior design of the all-new hatchback model, scheduled for a European launch in early 2017. Produced at Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM), the car will be exported to global markets, including the US.
Finally exciting things are happening.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Perhaps the car will use side cameras instead of mirrors. It also could be for a concept version but not something that would make the final production version.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonder how they'll incorporate that LED light strip going across the trunk. Don't think I've seen a hatchback with one yet. Or maybe they'll leave it off the prototype?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Perhaps the car will use side cameras instead of mirrors. It also could be for a concept version but not something that would make the final production version.
As nice as that would be to have, I think it's too premium of a feature, probably not something we'll have from the start but down the road I think it's likely, we might even see it before the mid-cycle refresh.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
As nice as that would be to have, I think it's too premium of a feature, probably not something we'll have from the start but down the road I think it's likely, we might even see it before the mid-cycle refresh.
Considering we haven't even seen this feature on high end luxury cars yet i doubt the civic will be the one to bring this feature to market. From what i've read there are a ton of safety/reliability issues attached to replacing mirrors with cameras.

As for the attached tail light. I'm thinking that it'll have basically the same tails as the sedan, but the spoiler that splits the rear window and "attaches" the tail lights will have the 3rd brake light integrated in. So kind of a faux taillight bar.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is this teaser showing the actual model or is it showing a concept? If its a concept then those side mirror type things may just be for the concept and not the actual model.

·
Registered
876 Posts
As cool as that concept rendering is (although it doesn't seem Honda enough to me), there's just nothing like how real and current Civic Type R hatch looks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts